• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Would you come to a mini SE get together?

BullCityWx

121 members have voted

1. 1. Would you come to a mini SE get together?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If yes, which location sounds the best?

• Atlanta
    • Charlotte
    • Raleigh
    • Piedmont triad area
    • GSP area
  3. 3. Which month would be your preference?

• February
    • March
    • April
    • May

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My wife and I own a wedding and event facility about 70 miles due north of Atlanta in Dahlonega, Georgia.

We could certainly host a one day meeting and there wouldn't be a facility fee. All I would ask is that if you want lunch, you'll have to let us know about three weeks in advance of the set date so we can order up the lunch preps. The only charge would be of course food and enough to cover staff which would probably be my wife, her Mom and a chef. I wouldn't think it would be more than $25.00 ea.

If you guys are interested, give me a few dates to consider and we'll go from there. We are wifi enabled and have a 60" monitor if you Mets want to throw together a presentation or two; maybe a few workshops or "Weather 101" for newbs like me ;)

The website is: www.watersmill.com

Lodging is about 5 miles from here here: http://www.gastateparks.org/AmicalolaFalls

Jim

My wife and I own a wedding and event facility about 70 miles due north of Atlanta in Dahlonega, Georgia.

We could certainly host a one day meeting and there wouldn't be a facility fee. All I would ask is that if you want lunch, you'll have to let us know about three weeks in advance of the set date so we can order up the lunch preps. The only charge would be of course food and enough to cover staff which would probably be my wife, her Mom and a chef. I wouldn't think it would be more than $25.00 ea.

If you guys are interested, give me a few dates to consider and we'll go from there. We are wifi enabled and have a 60" monitor if you Mets want to throw together a presentation or two; maybe a few workshops or "Weather 101" for newbs like me ;)

Lodging is about 5 miles from here here: http://www.gastatepa.../AmicalolaFalls

Jim

Wow that actually doesn't sound too bad. With ride share I'm sure a lot of us could make it. The hardest part is finding somewhere to have it. I've been scouting out areas in Charlotte.

Lodging is about 5 miles from here here: http://www.gastatepa.../AmicalolaFalls

Jim

very generous offer!

Lodging is about 5 miles from here here: http://www.gastateparks.org/AmicalolaFalls

Jim

Sounds like an awesome setup! And as already stated a very generous offer. Thank You Sir. :thumbsup:

Hey Guys...

I didn't know what direction everyone wanted to go with the SE Meet/Greet at our facility here in Dahlonega.

If you guys are serious, I need to know some dates so I can look at our calendar and go from there. We start back with Weddings in April and run pretty hot through the rest of the season which tapers off right around Thanksgiving. I don't have anything in front of me, but I'm thinking you guys would want a Saturday? Something like registration at 0800, seminars/talks to start at 0900? maybe a break at 1015. Next seminar from 1030-1130.. Lunch from 1130 to 1300.. 1300 to 1400 another seminar, 1400 to 1600 a workshop/small group activity and wrap up at 1630'ish for final discussions, thoughts, etc? I dunno.. Just sort of shooting from the hip here. The only thing I could plan is a Lunch menu! Hahaa!

Not to put pressure on anyone, but if you wanna hold it here in Dahlonega, we have to know so we can plan out and staff it.

One thing about this board is the amazing amount of knowledge you guys have in this field.. I think you have tons of information to share to other lurkers like me who really want to understand what you're looking at when these storms roll around!!!!

Bottom line is I believe this is a tremendous idea, regardless where you hold it!

Jim

Hey Guys...

I didn't know what direction everyone wanted to go with the SE Meet/Greet at our facility here in Dahlonega.

If you guys are serious, I need to know some dates so I can look at our calendar and go from there. We start back with Weddings in April and run pretty hot through the rest of the season which tapers off right around Thanksgiving. I don't have anything in front of me, but I'm thinking you guys would want a Saturday? Something like registration at 0800, seminars/talks to start at 0900? maybe a break at 1015. Next seminar from 1030-1130.. Lunch from 1130 to 1300.. 1300 to 1400 another seminar, 1400 to 1600 a workshop/small group activity and wrap up at 1630'ish for final discussions, thoughts, etc? I dunno.. Just sort of shooting from the hip here. The only thing I could plan is a Lunch menu! Hahaa!

Not to put pressure on anyone, but if you wanna hold it here in Dahlonega, we have to know so we can plan out and staff it.

One thing about this board is the amazing amount of knowledge you guys have in this field.. I think you have tons of information to share to other lurkers like me who really want to understand what you're looking at when these storms roll around!!!!

Bottom line is I believe this is a tremendous idea, regardless where you hold it!

Jim

My impression is that his would be a restaurant type of gig for a few hours? no? Maybe a barbeque somewhere?

Okay, here are the dates we have available as of this evening:

April 16th and April 30th. Also May 21st is available.

Rhonda (my wife) has suggested that whoever is heading up this event check out our menu to come up with a lunch plan. I'm a fan of our Pulled Pork which we smoke for 12-16 hours :) Please review the Menu Suggestions here: Waters Mill

Anyway..The Facility would be yours for the day from 0800 - 1630. I suggest registration start at 0800, then kick off the event at 0900. I had posted a suggested schedule for the days events somewhere up above in the thread. Again, it's only suggested. Whoever heads up the event could finalize it i'm sure.

Waters Mill is waiving any rental fee's associated with The American Weather Forums for the day. The only way it can work for Waters Mill is that we have a minimum of 25 people at $25.00 per person. The fee's collected will go towards the costs of food, prep for food and pay for the staff and one chef for the day. We'll provide all tables and chairs, flatware, glassware, etc.

We also have a 60" flat screen available thats on our network. This can be utilized by anyone wanting to give a class, etc. from their computer. We are also a Wi-Fi location with plenty of bandwidth to handle the load of several users.

We still have plenty of time to get this event rolling. There are facilities nearby for overnight accommodations.

Let me know if you guys want to proceed here in Dahlonega!

Jim

• 1 month later...

Its a shame this isn't finalized. I'd be happy to go to either location in GA, SC or NC...but VA and FL is probably further than I could make it. I have a few things I could powerpoint, or atleast one study. It would be great to see friends we've talked to over the years but never met too. I realize its hard for most folks to make it though.

Its a shame this isn't finalized. I'd be happy to go to either location in GA, SC or NC...but VA and FL is probably further than I could make it. I have a few things I could powerpoint, or atleast one study. It would be great to see friends we've talked to over the years but never met too. I realize its hard for most folks to make it though.

:( I would love a mini get together for the se crew :wub:

Still waiting for a date and place. I'd love to come! Who is heading this up? It seems like more of thought than an actual plan that's getting going here.

Archived