• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Would you come to a mini SE get together?

BullCityWx

121 members have voted

1. 1. Would you come to a mini SE get together?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If yes, which location sounds the best?

• Atlanta
    • Charlotte
    • Raleigh
    • Piedmont triad area
    • GSP area
  3. 3. Which month would be your preference?

• February
    • March
    • April
    • May

Ya'll could come here to my house if you want, anytime.... My house would be the perfect place for many of us to meet, if you you don't mind driving up to the mountains near Lake Lure. I've had 65 people here for family reunions, and there's lots of parking. I'm just saying..... I'm 3 1/2 hours from Atlanta, 2 hours from Charlotte, 2 1/2 hours from Columbia, and 3 hours from Greensboro/Raleigh. It's a day trip on a Saturday.

Seriously!

Count Frosty in!

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ya'll could come here to my house if you want, anytime.... My house would be the perfect place for many of us to meet, if you you don't mind driving up to the mountains near Lake Lure. I've had 65 people here for family reunions, and there's lots of parking. I'm just saying..... I'm 3 1/2 hours from Atlanta, 2 hours from Charlotte, 2 1/2 hours from Columbia, and 3 hours from Greensboro/Raleigh. It's a day trip on a Saturday.

Seriously!

I coud do that. I could also swing by Chapel Hill and kidnap Widre so we can throw him into the volcano and remove the piedmont snow curse.

You guys just settle on a date, and I'll get the food and "refreshments". We could use the large Hi Def TV to connect to the web, and to do Power Points and such. I'm all for late winter, and we could hash-out January, February, and March.... Any weekend except April 5-8. I'll be in Augusta..... Weather is spectacular here in mid-April... check out this pic from last Spring. Last frost this year was on May 6th.

post-1004-0-13294600-1324948849.jpg

You guys just settle on a date, and I'll get the food and "refreshments". We could use the large Hi Def TV to connect to the web, and to do Power Points and such. I'm all for late winter, and we could hash-out January, February, and March.... Any weekend except April 5-8. I'll be in Augusta..... Weather is spectacular here in mid-April... check out this pic from last Spring. Last frost this year was on May 6th.

I'll be moving mid Feb, not sure of the exact date just yet, so I'm open to just about any date everyone decides. Mid April is my birthday and I couldn't think of a better present to myself than meeting up with the SE Crew :wub: Thanks again MM for the invite and the hospitality :hug:

I'll be moving mid Feb, not sure of the exact date just yet, so I'm open to just about any date everyone decides. Mid April is my birthday and I couldn't think of a better present to myself than meeting up with the SE Crew :wub: Thanks again MM for the invite and the hospitality :hug:

Please tell me you are not leaving SC or the southeast. :(

I would hate to see that and we would be worse off without you ...so you better not be leaving SC/the southeast ;)

Please tell me you are not leaving SC or the southeast. :(

I would hate to see that and we would be worse off without you ...so you better not be leaving SC/the southeast ;)

:lol: I'm not leaving the portals influence, as much as I would like to, but instead staying in the same area so I can continue working on the reversal of the influence that the heat miser started a few years ago. Bigger and better things ahead, and I can't wait to get started :wub:

There's a nice Hampton Inn, and a Days Inn just 20 minutes north of me on I-40, just in case anyone from the east and north might want to drive in on a Saturday, and make a mini vacation until we get together on a Sunday. Some very good friends of mine have the only restaurant right on Lake Lure, and the food and view is wonderful. We could meet up on a Saturday evening for dinner. How about "Tax Day" on Sunday, April 15th, for our get-together? I was thinking about noon, which would give everyone a chance to drive here without leaving home in the dark. Ya'll could hang around as long as you like after that. Seems like I usually have some interesting weather here about that time, and if 2011 was any indication, nature could offer quite a show. I don't mind a little rain if you don't!

These pics were made within three days of April 15th last year within five miles of the house. Apple Valley and Bald Mountain golf courses are just 15 minutes south of me, and if anyone might like to play, we could have a friendly competition on Saturday, April 14th. Otter Lake just down the road has bass, so if you want to bring a pole....... I'm just saying........

post-1004-0-11588700-1325081481.jpg

post-1004-0-23010300-1325081520.jpg

post-1004-0-84037200-1325081556.jpg

post-1004-0-57983000-1325081588.jpg

post-1004-0-98898400-1325081632.jpg

There's a nice Hampton Inn, and a Days Inn just 20 minutes north of me on I-40, just in case anyone from the east and north might want to drive in on a Saturday, and make a mini vacation until we get together on a Sunday. Some very good friends of mine have the only restaurant right on Lake Lure, and the food and view is wonderful. We could meet up on a Saturday evening for dinner. How about "Tax Day" on Sunday, April 15th, for our get-together? I was thinking about noon, which would give everyone a chance to drive here without leaving home in the dark. Ya'll could hang around as long as you like after that. Seems like I usually have some interesting weather here about that time, and if 2011 was any indication, nature could offer quite a show. I don't mind a little rain if you don't!

These pics were made within three days of April 15th last year within five miles of the house. Apple Valley and Bald Mountain golf courses are just 15 minutes south of me, and if anyone might like to play, we could have a friendly competition on Saturday, April 14th. Otter Lake just down the road has bass, so if you want to bring a pole....... I'm just saying........

That sounds perfect to me :hug: Ok everyone.... vote....LET'S DO THIS! :wub:

How does Sunday, April first, sound to ya'll? Easter is the following weekend, and I'll be in New Orleans the previous weekend. April Fools Day might be the gem for this Southern contingent. I think Apple Valley Golf course will be open by then, if anyone is interested. I don't know when most of the schools have their Spring Breaks, but that shouldn't interfere with us getting together. Please let me know your pros and cons about this date. We're never going to please everyone, but we would like to come as close as possible. We're still talking over three months away, so we have a little more time to decide. Last year on April 4th, I had 50 mph winds with a temperature of 72 degrees at 11:35 p.m., and it rained 3 inches during the night. The morning before, there was ice on the Buick, and on April 6th, it was 29 degrees. Always an interesting time of year for weather.

:lol: I'm not leaving the portals influence, as much as I would like to, but instead staying in the same area so I can continue working on the reversal of the influence that the heat miser started a few years ago. Bigger and better things ahead, and I can't wait to get started :wub:

I'm really happy to hear that. Shame on you for giving me a scare :P;)

How does Sunday, April first, sound to ya'll? Easter is the following weekend, and I'll be in New Orleans the previous weekend. April Fools Day might be the gem for this Southern contingent. I think Apple Valley Golf course will be open by then, if anyone is interested. I don't know when most of the schools have their Spring Breaks, but that shouldn't interfere with us getting together. Please let me know your pros and cons about this date. We're never going to please everyone, but we would like to come as close as possible. We're still talking over three months away, so we have a little more time to decide. Last year on April 4th, I had 50 mph winds with a temperature of 72 degrees at 11:35 p.m., and it rained 3 inches during the night. The morning before, there was ice on the Buick, and on April 6th, it was 29 degrees. Always an interesting time of year for weather.

April 1st is fine with me :) All right everyone.....let's get a date set :drunk:

I'm really happy to hear that. Shame on you for giving me a scare :P;)

I didn't mean to scare you :lol: Besides....I couldn't leave the SE Crew, you all are to much like a family :wub:

Archived