e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
General NYC OBS/Disco Thread

Dsnowx53

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Winds picked up here in Great Neck the past 10 minutes. Had gusts close to 50-55MPH based on the roar I hear by each gust. My weather station at my parent's house gusted to 47 recently. Waiting for a gust over 50 to happen if the winds keep up.

Same here-- three gusts of 50+ Should have been a HWW lol. Verified it at JFK at least.

I was going to question the MOS guidance for tomorrow. GFS MOS has suddenly jumped from 34F to 43F for DXR...probably still too high, but based on trends and obs, we'll probably get well into the 30s tomorrow, with 40s for the City? 850mb temps around -4C and not much snow cover...

Based on the NAM, Wed should be about 6F warmer in NYC and 4F warmer in DXR than Tue. So I'd go with about 39F for DXR and 42F for NYC.

I was going to question the MOS guidance for tomorrow. GFS MOS has suddenly jumped from 34F to 43F for DXR...probably still too high, but based on trends and obs, we'll probably get well into the 30s tomorrow, with 40s for the City? 850mb temps around -4C and not much snow cover...

time to revive the obs thread a bit.. looks like the front just came through here.. temps are starting to drop like a rock.

Chilly here....currently 18.0/5 with the stars shining bright. Gorgeous winter night with a few patches of snow still holding on and light north winds stirring.

Average low for March 3rd in Southern Westchester is 28F according to The Weather Channel, so we were about ten degrees below that tonight. The average low finally goes above freezing on March 19th using the TWC chart:

http://www.weather.c...ogy/daily/10522

Archived