CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
General NYC OBS/Disco Thread

Dsnowx53

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next Friday is probably going to be the day we take a run at 60 or more F. As is typical with this type of setup we will need to push the warm front through, but it shouldn't be too tough. The flow is actually as good as it can get (as modeled right now) for February. The DGEX is still showing +10 or more C H85 temperatures pushing north of the area on Friday. Not the most reliable model, but it's been pretty good in picking out the "extreme" days. It had the near zero or sub zero temperatures we experienced in January at 168 hours out.

2 weeks left in Feb, sun angle now increasing dramatically day by day. Days getting longer by 2 mins plus every day. Winter's end is in clear sight now. It's great that its 6 and I can still see light... What a great feeling seeing the days get longer, and noticing that sun angle at noon rise every day. :rolleyes:

It's February dude, supposed to snow and be cold. There's plenty of time for warmth as last spring and summer proved thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

Im all for heat but agree we still have a month of snow and cold to be had even if we have a period of warmth. The period Feb 22 - Feb 25 may offer the first potential since last weeks ice storm but until then its tracking the seaons warmest waether since late November.

Im all for heat but agree we still have a month of snow and cold to be had even if we have a period of warmth. The period Feb 22 - Feb 25 may offer the first potential since last weeks ice storm but until then its tracking the seaons warmest waether since late November.

Yeah I think we should see an overrunning event early next week and then drop deeper into the chill as the -EPO/-NAO pattern becomes more dominant.

Bring on the late week thaw, but I'll be ready for more snow/cold through March after that. :snowman:

Today was a bit colder than forecast, 39F as a high, rather cloudy, very little melting, still 10" on the ground.

Breezy, cold and 30 right now.

Got to 42 here with a trace of snow, also very little melting due to cloud cover and very hard snow pack.

High was 37.5F here with no melting, but we know the snow cover is doomed at this point. NWS has a high of 61F here Friday. gun_bandana.gif

Currently 28.2/15

What's left of my snow isn't melting either, but what's left is just about entirely refrozen over snow, piles, very old snow from 12/26, and sleet. About the hardest stuff to get rid of ever. I never thought the amount of snow we had from 1/27 would be gone because of how thick/wet it was, but so be it.

What's left of my snow isn't melting either, but what's left is just about entirely refrozen over snow, piles, very old snow from 12/26, and sleet. About the hardest stuff to get rid of ever. I never thought the amount of snow we had from 1/27 would be gone because of how thick/wet it was, but so be it.

How much you got so far? 1-2 inches. We've had this snow cover straight through from 12/26/2010 Is it 50 straight days yet?

Archived