Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Epic winter signal continues to beam, part VI

ORH_wxman

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea, that cellular garbage never amounts to anything, but RAD fodder.

You've been in some crappy echoes up there, the heavy stuff is moving into here and while it's not the crazy 2-4"/hr stuff that we've been seeing in these cold coastal storms it definitely could be 1-1.5"/hr or better imo. I hear what you're saying though - a bit disappointing given the hype leading up to this one by many local mets and BOX especially since it looks like you'll verify all snow but won't get the crazy amounts forecasted.

As a side note, the racing dryslow makes a really impressive impression - almost an indentation on the regional radar - pretty impressive. Look at it race through eastern PA to LGA and turn that wall of heavies to a ragged mess axesmiley.png

post-1511-0-29891000-1296646322.gif

3 new storm total 10.5 inches...went from heavy snow/2 in hr rates at 610am to mostly sleet and a few mangled flakes at 614 am

ip with a few flakes now..

depth between 26 and 30 inches...wow for this area...wow!

the snow from like five thirty to ten after six was rippin as good as any time during round one...beautiful flakes just a bit denser overall...i was actually pleasantly surprised

I'm surprised the radar already looks like garbage and it's before 12z.

You shouldn't be surprised...this is deep layer far west SWFE...the dry slot comes in very fast on these. We tried to harp on it to some of the weenies but they didn't want to hear it.

It comes in sooner and exits faster than models think. And qpf is generally less than models think.

You shouldn't be surprised...this is deep layer far west SWFE...the dry slot comes in very fast on these. We tried to harp on it to some of the weenies but they didn't want to hear it.

It comes in sooner and exits faster than models think. And qpf is generally less than models think.

I might get all snow for the meaningful precip and end up with 3-4"...wow at the dry slot racing NE.

laugh.gif

rippin sleet..here comes the sealer i guess

so do any of you guys count sleet in your snowfall accums? I know lots of sites do.

i only count it if it looks like snow and has that sand consistancy like in valentines 07 or back in the jan 94 two parter in ct ..both storms had sleet/snow sand with temps in the teens...

I do not count it if its more translucent to clear bc then i feel its too much like ice

I love living on a middle of a hill, so amusing during storms. Ice storms are even better, barely anyone makes it haha.

Yea me too, yesterday I was cleaning up during the sleet and could hear cars trying to get up the hill to no avail. Back roads must be a nightmare down there. I am really concerned for you guys.

rippin sleet..here comes the sealer i guess

so do any of you guys count sleet in your snowfall accums? I know lots of sites do.

i only count it if it looks like snow and has that sand consistancy like in valentines 07 or back in the jan 94 two parter in ct ..both storms had sleet/snow sand with temps in the teens...

I do not count it if its more translucent to clear bc then i feel its too much like ice

Like it or not, sleet is officially reported with snow. And sleet is supposed to be translucent.

Archived