SUGGESTS PRECIP SHOULD CHANGE TO A MIX OF FZRA AND PL ACROSS

MAJORITY OF CWA...THE WET BULB ZERO LINE SUGGESTS MOSTLY SNOW

REMAINING DOMINANT P-TYPE JUST S OF THIS LINE AND N THROUGH THE

MORNING HOURS. THIS COMBINED WITH VERY HIGH OMEGA ALONG

FRONTOGENETICAL BAND SUGGESTS DYNAMIC COOLING COULD OVERCOME

WARMING N OF THIS LINE. AS A RESULT HAVE MANUALLY ADJUSTED WX

TOWARD THIS SOLN. THIS AGREES WITH PREVIOUS THINKING THAT N OF MA

PIKE TO REMAIN MOSTLY SN THROUGH THE EVENT

AWT - I was hammering this point over and over but people kept banging the sh*t out of the RUC and NAM saying ORH would be 90% sleet .. GFS had a snow sounding all the way basically until the dry slot.

SN - but vis is probably ~1/2" - might be some bad snow in there since the radar is nearly 25 dbz which was much lower vis yesterday with the good snow.

Meso analysis page says 850s have hit a brick wall all the way down around messenger's fanny. Per models they should start rising rather quickly up the coast but that remains to be seen.

School operating under normal hours axesmiley.pngaxesmiley.png Can't wait for this T ride.

2.5" inches of new snow and ripping +SN right now. Nice to wake up to this after some shuteye. Not sure how long I can hold of the pingers as I'm wondering if that yellow just west of me Columbia County NY is PL. Mid-level warming can come up the west side of the Berks faster in these types of these situations than it does east of here.

Man did the GFS fail miserably on this as far as temp profiles..useless

Disagree - GFS had a snow sounding all the way until the dry slot for mby - it torched the mid levels after the precip moves out. BOX mentions this and initialized with GFS profiles! but also mentions that it seems that even though the GFS was aggressive on dynamic cooling it wasn't aggressive enough.

Just a reminder for those reporting snowfall totals...

Please include your storm total...don't just report what you've received new from part two...this is all counting as one storm and in the PNS will be listed as one storm.

It makes it much more easier for the person who writes the PNS to have the storm total, rather than just getting total from this round and having to scramble looking back at what occurred from round one and trying to add things up.

Yeah that hasn't changed I guess.

It was a point of discussion between Ekster and I during many late night discussions during '07-'08 winter...as we eventually hashed out the SWFE climo. Its seemed to work pretty well since then....as we both absolutely nailed the 12/19/08 event the next winter.

But obviously each event has its own circumstances...but it was amazing how much we discussed it and came up with these biases that are now thrown around as common knowledge and seem to work well.

Not to make us sound great or anything...but I always thought those '07-'08 winter talks late at night between us created some good stuff. :lol:

Archived