• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Last weeks snow isn't melting very fast

aldie 22

Mild air plus rainfall = Jebman in serious grieving. I expect to lose 100 percent of the areal coverage by 7pm Wednesday from spring weather plus rainshowers. There will be just enough rain and mild to melt all of the snowpack - Then back to deep icebox cold with very dry weather - NO storms. Back to freezing our tarkuses off while pining for snow amidst vodka cold - Gotta love the south Mid Atlantic

We're used to this - It is our lot in life. By Feb 10 I'll be crying for an early spring

Amazing amount of water content in this snow, still about 3" in most places...probably over 1" liquid frozen up in there.

The neighborhood is still a warzone of fallen Trees and Branches...I never thought 8" of snow could shred mature trees.

Locally, snowmageddon was worse, surprisingly. My area is very sheltered from NE winds, so the FEB 5-6 event never had winds over 15mph, and it just piled on everything. This time we had the NNW winds, and those blew over 40mph most of the last event, so that certainly helped.

Archived