e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Friday Clipper Obs

das

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i was just saying these signs were there yesterday especially the 0z runs with a very optimal 500 pass. the surface doesnt always pick this stuff up right.

Yeah, I know. I was just being a goofball.

Nice SN here in SW DC. Sticking to any existing snow. Not sticking to anything else.

Untreated roads up in Clarksbure are snow covered again, per my wife.

Clipper snowed an inch, perhaps an inch and a quarter - but I'll go with 1 inch - snow on snow for sure. Half an inch on roads, but some road surfaces have melted back. Snow piled on shrubs and trees. Most of the snow has accumulated on car top - there was some melting on car top early on though. Driveway and sidewalk both have three quarters of an inch to a full inch of the fresh snow on them - I REALLY feel the need for shoveling and adding to my snow pile totals. Temperature throughout the clipper event rose from 27 degrees to 32 degrees - this is a wet snow through not as wet as the last snow that demolished Maryland with 16 inches and the SNE with a foot and a half of snow.

DCA needs demolished by this green snowband then we need the clouds to hold serve to keep that damn sun from getting out and melting my precious snowpack.

Had about 3 hours or so of snow. Very pretty scene. As Mitch likes to call it, back here in hillbilly land we've picked up right at 1" this morning. It's not going to be around long. The temp has gone up about 7 degrees in the past two hours and now is at 33.6.

Here's the scene off of my deck towards my neighbors barn about an hour ago.

post-178-0-30148000-1296234751.jpg

This is so SHWEET - a clipper gives me four hours of snow - and I got to watch every second of it. This is bonus snow - I only expected a coating from it. It IS only a clipper, after all. I can't even begin to express the EXHILARATION of receiving new snow upon snow - ONLY TWO DAYS AFTER THE ORIGINAL SNOWSTORM!!! And light snow continues to fall at 105pm.thumbsupsmileyanim.gifthumbsupsmileyanim.gifthumbsupsmileyanim.gifthumbsupsmileyanim.gifthumbsupsmileyanim.gifthumbsupsmileyanim.gifthumbsupsmileyanim.gifthumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Archived