joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Epic winter signal continues to beam

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vim Toot is tying his tug anchors to his ankles somewhere on the Hudson.

Ha.

Was in Staten Is. last night/today. A foot and a half easy. Very nice storm.

I'm bringing my snowmobile to work next time.

Taking a look at the snow depth maps is heart-rending. A giant snow hole glows where NE Aroostook County once was. Notice the low tracks all jog east and then resume their NE track once safely beyond lat 45n.

I am having some fun watching Blizzy's greatest winter though. I keep my boat at a marina in Chester CT. Chester CT is kicking Caribou's hinder.

Sheesh.

Vim Toot!

Speaking of snow. I shoveled meticulously but found the snow pushed back right where I had removed it. I went to work po'd. I can't throw the snow high enough so I wait and throw it into the street late at night when no one is looking. Crazy....wonderfully crazy...

Be careful. I got a written warning from the local PD the other day for moving snow into the street. I was pushing it out of the driveway so I could move it "downstream" and then throw it on the snowpiles in the front lawn. He wasn't having any of that and gave me a rash of sh*t about how dangerous it is for the plow drivers etc. Now if there's an accident within 100 feet of my house before the snow melts it will be attributed to me and my errant snow clearing ways. Good thing I gave him my neighbors name :guitar:

Matt Noyes just talked a lot about next week in his tech discussion. He seems to think the storm next week may be the biggest of the year, if that is possible. But at any rate, interesting to hear. I hope this time more of NNE gets in on this.

Why does he think that.. Any Mets.. what needs to come together for it to be the biggest of the year?

Be careful. I got a written warning from the local PD the other day for moving snow into the street. I was pushing it out of the driveway so I could move it "downstream" and then throw it on the snowpiles in the front lawn. He wasn't having any of that and gave me a rash of sh*t about how dangerous it is for the plow drivers etc. Now if there's an accident within 100 feet of my house before the snow melts it will be attributed to me and my errant snow clearing ways. Good thing I gave him my neighbors name :guitar:

Great story, yes sorry officer my name is Jose Hernandez.

BOX likes this threat to mention it in their long range disco albeit with some hesitence lol.

WED NIGHT AND THURSDAY...LONG RANGE MODELS BEGINNING TO SUGGEST STRONG SHORTWAVE PASSINGOVER THE REGION WITH DYNAMICS SIMILAR TO LAST NIGHTS STORM. HAVESUGGESTED THE CHANCE FOR SNOWFALL...AS CURRENT TREND SUGGESTSPASSAGE JUST E OF THE BENCHMARK. HOWEVER...WILL NOT HIGHLIGHTSPECIFICS ON THE FEATURE A WEEK IN ADVANCE AS CONFIDENCE IS STILL

LOW WITH THIS STORM.

Perfect spot for this far out. guitar.gif

Scooter did the Euro ens stay cold thru the long term?

How about the weeklies?

Weeklies look cold for the first two weeks of Feb. They shift the trough back into western Canada and pump up the se ridge during week three suggesting gradient flow. Week 4 they torch. I guess if you want the good news...current week 3 forecast (which was week 4 last week) is cooler, than week 4 last week.

Euro ensembles were relatively cool. It did suggest a possible warm up for the end of the first week of Feb, but I wouldn't worry this far out.

Weeklies look cold for the first two weeks of Feb. They shift the trough back into western Canada and pump up the se ridge during week three suggesting gradient flow. Week 4 they torch. I guess if you want the good news...current week 3 forecast (which was week 4 last week) is cooler, than week 4 last week.

Euro ensembles were relatively cool. It did suggest a possible warm up for the end of the first week of Feb, but I wouldn't worry this far out.

I'm telling you, the more I think about it, the more I have come to terms with the rubber band snapping. Maybe not till later in February but if we get 2 months dump 90 inches with more or less constant cold who could complain?

Re the warmup guys -

gee wiz! I wasn't forecasting that - don't be so defensive. No one is threatening you haha.

Look, I'm not making it up. Kevin asks what warmth is Tippy talking about - first of all, Tippy sounds gay. John is fine. The alias is for fun.

Anyway, the "warmup" implications is derived from this:

post-904-0-39491900-1296169040.jpg

You may not like it, but there is nothing I can do about that. Those vectors in those teleconnector progs above are unanimously indicating a break in the cold pattern - I did not make them up. They do not represent my "feelings" in the matter, nor my "desired" weather implications. ;)

Whether it comes to fruition or not, I have no idea - but please don't blame the messenger. Also, you can pick and chose what product to use, and you run risk using those that tend to always appease what it is you are looking for - perhaps as a native product bias. But you would be dilluting your self if that were the case. But I don't know what you guys are individually using...

One thing I will say is that I have seen the AO and NAO progged to rise at least 2 other times over the last 45 days only to have them fail to do so. That may or may not have some physical causality related to the ongoing solar minimum, which linearly has been shown to correlate strongly with negative polarfield indices as we know.

lol

Then again, we kept waiting for the rubber to snap last year... see how well that worked out!

I'm telling you, the more I think about it, the more I have come to terms with the rubber band snapping. Maybe not till later in February but if we get 2 months dump 90 inches with more or less constant cold who could complain?

Speaking of snow. I shoveled meticulously but found the snow pushed back right where I had removed it. I went to work po'd. I can't throw the snow high enough so I wait and throw it into the street late at night when no one is looking. Crazy....wonderfully crazy...

It's gotten to the point where I have to essentially perform a clean-and-press movement each time I launch the snow up and over the bankings.

I can still do it, but it's like a GYM workout.

we really should all go in on a crack house/ snow house in the snowiest place we can find. Just hard core snow crack weenies sittin around all day with vacant looks in our eyes, laptops of all the models running, old videos of storms, walls plastered with maps from 60-61, Feb 69, 78, 93-94, 96, etc... Every once in a while Pete skis by, stops in, takes a hit from the pipe and back on the trails. We could have the "Ray Room" which would be padded of course, and the MPM room where we could go to worry. The Will room would just be a looping tape of him describing the details of every single snow storm over 4 inches in Worcester since about 1978.

:lol:

Archived