Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
NYC Area January 26-27 Bomb Discussion and OBS Part 5

earthlight

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:hurrbear: Best Winter Ever. Lol when I was outside, there were literally 4 plows, one behind the other, clearing the downtown lane of the West Side Highway. Last time a plow came through Riverside Drive was like 3 hours ago.

I wonder if Mayor Bloomberg has been told what happened with the overnight snow?

last year was great..this year so far leaves me speechess..I know i will never see a month of winter weather like I have just seen since Dec 26th..i'm totally in awe

After this past December 19 non-storm and right after the 12z Euro caved into the other out-to-sea models a couple of days before the Dec 26th blizzard, if someone were to tell me that we'd be getting 50-60 inches over the next month (including two HECS's) I would have laughed my head off at them. This month has been simply unreal; words can't even describe it.

After this past December 19 non-storm and right after the 12z Euro caved into the other out-to-sea models a couple of days before the Dec 26th blizzard, if someone were to tell me that we'd be getting 50-60 inches over the next month I would have laughed my head off at them. This month has been simply unreal; words can't even describe it.

Forgot about this storm.

After this past December 19 non-storm and right after the 12z Euro caved into the other out-to-sea models a couple of days before the Dec 26th blizzard, if someone were to tell me that we'd be getting 50-60 inches over the next month (including two HECS's) I would have laughed my head off at them. This month has been simply unreal; words can't even describe it.

i remember the posts around that time..We better get something with this storm, because after that the winter is over..the strong Nina will take over ect..hahahahahahaha

i remember the posts around that time..We better get something with this storm, because after that the winter is over..the strong Nina will take over ect..hahahahahahaha

This winter has potential to be NYC's snowiest winter of all time, and if it is then not only is that incredible in and of itself, but the fact that it occurred during a moderate-strong La Nina makes it even more unbelievable.

I had like 48" in February 2010...

Looks like we'll finish up with around 9.5" tonight, making for a storm total of 13.75" or so. See if the lighter banding can throw down another half inch but the storm appears to be over here by 4am.

That month is by far the snowiest month I have ever lived through.. We had 4 feet of snow on the ground at one point..

This month isnt too shabby as well.. 27.2" so far for the month..

Here's some pics, dudes. Measured several locations between 20-21". Areas where there was still 'pack remaining had amounts closer to 30". Love all of you guys.

That is 3 (4?) 20+" storms for you in one calendar year... give it a rest, bro.

How nice is it to bust low all winter long?

That month is by far the snowiest month I have ever lived through.. We had 4 feet of snow on the ground at one point..

This month isnt too shabby as well.. 27.2" so far for the month..

The problem with Feb 2010 is that we didn't maintain the snow that well down here with temperatures not being that cold; it's really hard to keep an epic snowpack within the urban heat island in February if you aren't averaging well below normal, especially in the 2nd half of the month...there wasn't much left from the 2/10 and 2/16 storms when the Snowicane began. Still a great show though with 48" in the books that month.

This January, I've seen 41" of snowfall in Dobbs Ferry, and we may tack on a couple inches more this weekend. Combined with persistent cold and one arctic outbreak, th snowpack is very healthy with about 2' on the ground in wooded areas and definitely over 18" on lawns/street sides. It really looks much more like Northern Vermont than the suburbs of NYC. I guess that's what 55" in 6 weeks will do.

Archived