Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
NYC Area January 26-27 Bomb Discussion and OBS Part 5

earthlight

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SACRUS, to answer your question from previous thread. It was hard to tell what I got in first batch because I was at work all day out in Mercer County and didn't get home till 6:30ish and there was only about 2 inches left. So who knows what we really got. It looks like Colts Neck and Manalapan had about 4 so I'm guessing we had about that much too. The 11.5 inches that I measured tonight around 2am was all new snow from the 2nd part of the storm as I cleared off the earlier slush before the 2nd portion began. Still coming down so I'm sure we are over a Foot already.

Most likely 4 fell from the first batch for you as 4 was pretty uniform in western Mo Co. I had my wife go out and measure just as it lightened up and mixed here and she said it was 4 " on the nose. Im waiting till last flakes fall for my final measurement, im guessing about 16 or 17 for the 24hr total.

Don't forget the NAM...which gave me .25" for the event.

I received a little over .35" in one hour tonight.

That 6z NAM had an idea... maybe.

Truly, this is one of those storms where you know that's something going to happen, but just not sure where... You throw on a "+" at the end of the call and hope for the best...

My total for JFK is 26.5 inches (not counting this beast of course), to the 40's we go! -__-

I'm already past 50" in Long Beach (and we usually get shafted in many coastal storms such as this).

IDK what's up with JFK's total tonight, and it can't even be blamed on drifting/roof blowoff like the last couple of events.

Just got back from my last Jebwalk. Man oh man... standing there with moderate snow falling was so blissful. Just couldn't have asked for a better winter thus far, and to have tracked this with everyone here was just awesome. Best sub-forum ever. :wub:

Cheers to a 100" winter!!

Moderate Snow still falling here. More than foot on the ground for sure, another HECS guys, another HECS. How about that?

speaking of NAM:

12z run had 0.0" of precip for extreme NW CT...a run or two before that only had about 0.1" here. Just laughable. We may have a shot at 15/16"+! I don't want to sleep, even though I have work at 8am....

2nd round of edits: maybe it's time for bed. LOL

Just amazing, simply amazing. And even though radar is tapering off, we're still ripping here as well. Likely 1-2"/hr.

We have to be close to matching 12/26 at this point. The snow's up to my doors, and it's not even because of drifts like 12/26 was.

We have to stay awake and see if this gets us to 20!

I cannot imagine the stories people in this borad who are 15-30 will tell their grandkids in 40 years about how much it used to snow :weight_lift:

I'm 17, so yeah these are tales of glory.

On a side note: So yesterday, 1/26, I made 11 months with my girl, so three HECS on the 26th-27th. 2/26/10-- first date, 12/26/10-- 10 months, 1/26/10---11 months

I love it.

Just got back from my last Jebwalk. Man oh man... standing there with moderate snow falling was so blissful. Just couldn't have asked for a better winter thus far, and to have tracked this with everyone here was just awesome. Best sub-forum ever. :wub:

Cheers to a 100" winter!!

Moderate Snow still falling here. More than foot on the ground for sure, another HECS guys, another HECS. How about that?

Just a truly remarkable last two winters this has been. Something we might not see again in our life time(hopefully im wrong)

Archived