12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
The Hudson Valley Thread Part 2

snywx

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Snow coming down pretty good now here in Orange County, 4.5"-5" so far. The snow has become a rods/graupel/flake mix. Interesting to note reporting station 1500' in elevation on Schunnemunk Mountain has dropped a few degrees to 14* in the past hour.

http://www.wundergro...sp?ID=KNYNEWWI5

Welcome to the family :)

Where in Orange county are you located?

Thanks sny, I've been following the boards for awhile, i'm in Salisbury Mills, about 3 miles south of SWF. Enjoy the snow!

Welcome to the board. :thumbsup:

Snow picking up again here, it was just grains a few minutes ago now its ramping up quickly with nice sized flakes.

Welcome to the board. :thumbsup:

Snow picking up again here, it was just grains a few minutes ago now its ramping up quickly with nice sized flakes.

I hear pinging :axe:

I am a bit concerned with the sw flow precip taking a beating coming down out of the high ground in NE PA and Sully. I'll been in a sort of a dry slop since 8am

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NEW YORK NY

1123 AM EST TUE FEB 1 2011

...A SIGNIFICANT WINTER STORM WILL IMPACT THE AREA THROUGH

WEDNESDAY...

NJZ002-004-103>105-107-NYZ067>070-020600-

/O.CAN.KOKX.WS.W.0005.000000T0000Z-110203T0000Z/

/O.NEW.KOKX.IS.W.0001.110201T1623Z-110202T2300Z/

WESTERN PASSAIC-EASTERN PASSAIC-WESTERN BERGEN-EASTERN BERGEN-

WESTERN ESSEX-WESTERN UNION-ORANGE-PUTNAM-ROCKLAND-

NORTHERN WESTCHESTER-

1123 AM EST TUE FEB 1 2011

...ICE STORM WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM EST WEDNESDAY...

...WINTER STORM WARNING IS CANCELLED...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN UPTON HAS ISSUED AN ICE STORM

WARNING...WHICH REPLACES THE WINTER STORM WARNING THAT WAS IN

EFFECT.

* LOCATIONS...INTERIOR PORTIONS OF THE LOWER HUDSON VALLEY AND

NORTHEAST NEW JERSEY.

* HAZARDS...FREEZING RAIN AND SLEET.

* ACCUMULATIONS...A 1/4 TO 1/2 AN INCH OF ICE ACCUMULATION...BY

WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON.

* TIMING...SNOW HAS TAPERED OFF...AND OCCASIONAL LIGHT FREEZING

RAIN AND FREEZING DRIZZLE WILL FALL THIS AFTERNOON THROUGH THIS

EVENING. WIDESPREAD FREEZING RAIN AND SLEET WILL OVERSPREAD THE

REGION AFTER MIDNIGHT TONIGHT AND WILL CONTINUE THROUGH LATE

WEDNESDAY MORNING. FREEZING RAIN AND SLEET WILL TAPER OFF

THROUGH WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON.

* IMPACTS...TRAVEL WILL BE IMPACTED THROUGH AT LEAST WEDNESDAY

EVENING. ICE ACCUMULATIONS WILL MAKE FOR DANGEROUS TRAVELING

CONDITIONS...WITH TREE LIMBS AND POWER LINES LIKELY BEING

FELLED.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

AN ICE STORM WARNING MEANS SEVERE WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE

EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF ICE ACCUMULATIONS

WILL MAKE TRAVEL DANGEROUS OR IMPOSSIBLE. TRAVEL IS STRONGLY

DISCOURAGED. COMMERCE WILL LIKELY BE SEVERELY IMPACTED. IF YOU

MUST TRAVEL...KEEP AN EXTRA FLASHLIGHT...FOOD...AND WATER IN YOUR

VEHICLE IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY. ICE ACCUMULATIONS AND WINDS WILL

LIKELY LEAD TO SNAPPED POWER LINES AND FALLING TREE BRANCHES THAT

ADD TO THE DANGER

PppppInnGGGG :yikes:

Well that burst put down another two inches of fluffyfluff in about 25 minutes. Now it's all pellets/frzg mist and sleet. Had I measured once an hour I'd put it at about 7" but because of a few rounds of sleet and pellets it's right at 4.5" for the storm. I did another A job on the driveway and knocked all the banks back and down so now they're only five feet tall :weight_lift: Used about 15 pounds of salt after I finished so hopefully the freezing sheeite for the next 12 hours doesn't turn the driveway into a sheet.

Temp is dead on at 20*

NEXT!

Speaking of the next one...

I just spent the last few minutes looking at "the big picture." That high up north seems to be sinking south just a tick. If you look at a 12 hr water vapor loop the midwest storm looks like it's making it's right turn just a little bit south of the one we're finishing up with now. Pressure falls are moving east of north now and pressure rises across southern Canada are moving south into MI and MN. Judging by the intensity of the winds across the upper midwest it looks like that trend will continue and the next storm "should" get bounced a little further south.

Obviously I'm reaching here but ... I don't want freezing rain or too much more sleet. I'm looking for a way to make it snow :snowing:

Speaking of the next one...

I just spent the last few minutes looking at "the big picture." That high up north seems to be sinking south just a tick. If you look at a 12 hr water vapor loop the midwest storm looks like it's making it's right turn just a little bit south of the one we're finishing up with now. Pressure falls are moving east of north now and pressure rises across southern Canada are moving south into MI and MN. Judging by the intensity of the winds across the upper midwest it looks like that trend will continue and the next storm "should" get bounced a little further south.

Obviously I'm reaching here but ... I don't want freezing rain or too much more sleet. I'm looking for a way to make it snow :snowing:

I am literally on the fence with the heavy precip coming on the next storm.. I think the 850s cut directly over my house according to the Euro! I am sure there will be a nasty warm layer at 800 that will cause pingers, but perhaps I can get away with just a sleet fest and less freezing rain!!

I am literally on the fence with the heavy precip coming on the next storm.. I think the 850s cut directly over my house according to the Euro! I am sure there will be a nasty warm layer at 800 that will cause pingers, but perhaps I can get away with just a sleet fest and less freezing rain!!

How is the weekend looking Rad's? 12z euro?? Thks

It what direction does in run from there over this way?

Archived