joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Hudson Valley Thread Part 2

snywx

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys I'm getting creamed down here in Monroe now! Very heavy snow. Got about 3 inches so far and if it keeps up like this for the duration will be a nice hit. Winds are whipping good too. How are you guys doing further up?

I have about 3 inches down now... Heavy stuff is now moving in.. So better than expected!

<br />Guys I'm getting creamed down here in Monroe now! Very heavy snow. Got about 3 inches so far and if it keeps up like this for the duration will be a nice hit. Winds are whipping good too. How are you guys doing further up?<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Monroe-Woodbury area is a snow magnet... I swear lol.. I lived in that area for 13 yrs and its pretty impressive the enhancement that goes on in that area.. it isnt a coincidence that that area comes in with the highest amounts 9 times out of 10..

I have about 3 inches down now... Heavy stuff is now moving in.. So better than expected!

Will be nice to finish on the high end of the 4-8 predicted here. Looks like it could happen. I have heard end time of anywhere from midnight to 4am. What do you guys think? Is it moving fast?

Will be nice to finish on the high end of the 4-8 predicted here. Looks like it could happen. I have heard end time of anywhere from midnight to 4am. What do you guys think? Is it moving fast?

according to the RUC, we get hit until about 2am with the real show between 10pm and 1am... It has been spot on so far.

I actually sailed west on the LIE , over the Whitestone, Hutchinson, Cross County, Sprain, then got off and went over here to a wifi at Starbucks in Ossining. I'm gonna go up 9 to 84 and over to the Thruway and then north ...sadly out of the snow..... I figured I better stay away from the Thruway in Westchester/Rockland.

Good move. Any snow up by you?

according to the RUC, we get hit until about 2am with the real show between 10pm and 1am... It has been spot on so far.

Agree, the RUC is right on time. Mod.snow here. Winds picked up too.

REGIONAL WEATHER ROUNDUP

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NEW YORK NY

900 PM EST WED JAN 26 2011

HUDSON VALLEY

CITY SKY/WX TMP DP RH WIND PRES REMARKS

NEWBURGH LGT SNOW 28 27 93 N20G29 29.65F FOG WCI 15

MONTGOMERY LGT SNOW 29 28 96 N15 29.64F FOG WCI 18

POUGHKEEPSIE LGT SNOW 30 27 86 N14 29.65F VSB 1 WCI 20

ALBANY CLOUDY 30 23 75 N6 29.75F WCI 24

So Fella's do we have a wall of snow moving in? Will Upton go to warnings or are we all wishful thinking?

Looking at the radar trends the real heavy stuff is hittingthe same areas its pounded all day to the south Rockland, it tries to make its move north and west and starts failing apart one west of the thruway but a heavy band is starting to go west from Monroe almost perfectly along on Rt 17.

Of course Harriman/Woodberry/Monroe manage to get pounded as per usual :P .

<br /><br /><br />

Monroe-Woodbury area is a snow magnet... I swear lol.. I lived in that area for 13 yrs and its pretty impressive the enhancement that goes on in that area.. it isnt a coincidence that that area comes in with the highest amounts 9 times out of 10..

Yes, the whole "thruway valley" area between suffern and Woodberry does very well

<br /><br /><br />

yeah its weird. I live on outskirts of town about 10 minutes from Greenwood lake. Off lakes road if you are familiar. We are tucked into a little valley here and I know we are in for a good one when the ceiling drops and I can't see the mountains anymore. Or like now when I can't see down the street at the moment.

<br />yeah its weird. I live on outskirts of town about 10 minutes from Greenwood lake. Off lakes road if you are familiar. We are tucked into a little valley here and I know we are in for a good one when the ceiling drops and I can't see the mountains anymore. Or like now when I can't see down the street at the moment.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

My inlaws live on School rd so im very familiar with that area... There is some good elevation there as well.. I believe their house sits roughly @ 1000'..

I was there a few days ago and their snowpack looks soo much more impressive then mine. Before this storm I had a 15" snowpack..

Looking at the radar trends the real heavy stuff is hittingthe same areas its pounded all day to the south Rockland, it tries to make its move north and west and starts failing apart one west of the thruway but a heavy band is starting to go west from Monroe almost perfectly along on Rt 17.

Of course Harriman/Woodberry/Monroe manage to get pounded as per usual :P .

Yeah, I'm watching that back edge up in Sullivan County heading in our direction too. Just light snow here, about 1" total.

<br /><br /><br />

My inlaws live on School rd so im very familiar with that area... There is some good elevation there as well.. I believe their house sits roughly @ 1000'..

I was there a few days ago and their snowpack looks soo much more impressive then mine. Before this storm I had a 15" snowpack..

Cool Yeah I take school rd everyday on my commute. And my sister is off mombasha there-good lake to fish on! Never even realized the elevation was that high up there. You know how day to day grind stunts your perception after awhile LOL

Archived