joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Hudson Valley Thread Part 2

snywx

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL at the subtitle of this thread.. Fringe is the word of the day.. Hopefully we see a bust in the right direction later tonight. JMA is the model to hug.

Even the JMA cut precip in half for the area..

If I had to throw numbers I would say 3-5" with amounts up to 8" in areas along the CT/NY border..

I am still only saying the odd stray flake here... Radar looks a little better, but I am still not sure about this.. Precip looks to get shunted anywhere north of I-84

It looks like there a decent batch moving NE out of NW Jersey. I've also be watching the second batch to the south and west to see how far north it moves.

A more serious light snow has started here, if that makes any sense. I think the radar is starting to fill in nicely, who do you guys think?

The usual suspects are getting smoked now. Along the thruway right and left.

I just looked outside here in Rockland, mod snow now but temps appear to be marginal so its not accumulating from what I can see in southern Rockland.

post-463-0-50411200-1296069514.png

This might be nit picking but nether the 12Z NAM or GFS had the western/northern extent of the precip quite right in PA. The times don't exactly match but these frames of the models mark the most north/west position of the precip field

atachment=13886:IC126b.gif]

atachment=13887:12ZNAM126.GIF]

[atachment=13888:12ZGFS126.GIF]

Maybe the JMA was actually onto something.. Regardless I dont think many if any models pegged NYC to receive 3-5" before the main event..

Maybe the JMA was actually onto something.. Regardless I dont think many if any models pegged NYC to receive 3-5" before the main event..

Granted that's a weenie radar and it contains virga but ... like I said it might be nitpicking. Even though I refuse to give the JMA any props :P the models busted for sure with handleing the morning dump to our south

Look at the snow report icons in this image, I didnt check every one but a lot of 4 -5 inch reports are in there

post-463-0-77219400-1296075471.png

I'm down in Riverhead now...leaving for home soon. FZRAPL here...snow mixed when it gets heavier. They have about three inches of wet snow.

So I'll drive through the snow from NYC north and then apparently out of it as I get above the Mid HV. Though radar looks more impressive....

Granted that's a weenie radar and it contains virga but ... like I said it might be nitpicking. Even though I refuse to give the JMA any props :P the models busted for sure with handleing the morning dump to our south

Look at the snow report icons in this image, I didnt check every one but a lot of 4 -5 inch reports are in there

post-463-0-77219400-1296075471.png

This might be nit picking but nether the 12Z NAM or GFS had the western/northern extent of the precip quite right in PA. The times don't exactly match but these frames of the models mark the most north/west position of the precip field

Thats' what I've been tracking all day, maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised later tonight.

Archived