• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Hudson Valley Thread Part 2

snywx

That's a typical occurrence. It happened to us with that huge NE storm that occurred around the 11-12th. We got 4" from the old primary and then it just fell apart as the coastal formed and we got another 4" (8+" total), but meanwhile the Berkshires got 36"+ LOL . I'm getting used to this stuff this winter. :devilsmiley:

BTW impressive snow depth along the Taconic in Dutchess/Putnam. Rare occasion to have more snow there than we do west of ALB.

Hey next weeks ECM cutter may trend 300 miles east again...we could be in the sweet spot.

Now gonna begin the trek north....

My only is concern is when the coastal gets going all that precip in PA will collapse quickly toward the developing low..

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm down in Riverhead now...leaving for home soon. FZRAPL here...snow mixed when it gets heavier. They have about three inches of wet snow.

So I'll drive through the snow from NYC north and then apparently out of it as I get above the Mid HV. Though radar looks more impressive....

The thruway in rockland is a complete disaster from Spring Valley to Suffern. That area was getting pounded with some of the heaviest snow I ever drove thru when I went was coming home. I think its backed off now so maybe its been cleared again. Thruway from Suffern to Harriman is in better shape.

Thats' what I've been tracking all day, maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised later tonight.

Check out the 21Z RUC, it brings the heaviest precip over western NJ, eastern PA over OC, rockland maybe reaching POU. Either way, I've had my fill of snow for today :arrowhead:

My only is concern is when the coastal gets going all that precip in PA will collapse quickly toward the developing low..

Don't we always watch for that with hops that are dreams aren't crushed :arrowhead:

Check out the 21Z RUC, it brings the heaviest precip over western NJ, eastern PA over OC, rockland maybe reaching POU. Either way, I've had my fill of snow for today :arrowhead:

I've been riding the RUC all afternoon, I sure hope she's a sweet ride.

Just going by radar trends it looks like the RUC is on the money... Snow should be outta here by 2-3am but from 9pm-12am look out! Might get alittle interesting..

Could be. I seen this in the NYC thread. In this wv loop, it looks like while bombing out it took a jog to the north along the NJ coast.

http://climate.cod.edu/loops/Northeast-WV24.loop.html

This is getting a bit interesting here in southern Dutchess after getting slammed by the models during the last 48 hours. (Save the 18z runs)

They are going nuts around NYC with the TStorms but they are losing a ton of QPF to sleet/mix. No real TSNOW.

After the Tstorm passes some have gone back to rain.

Check out below (Mix rain thru 9 PM now??? for NYC Metro.

Could this baby be moving more north than east??

Anyway continuing to dump nicely!

SHORT TERM FORECAST

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NEW YORK NY

807 PM EST WED JAN 26 2011

CTZ005-006-009-010-NJZ004-006-103>108-NYZ069>075-078-080-176>179-

270215-

NORTHERN FAIRFIELD-NORTHERN NEW HAVEN-SOUTHERN FAIRFIELD-

SOUTHERN NEW HAVEN-EASTERN PASSAIC-HUDSON-WESTERN BERGEN-

EASTERN BERGEN-WESTERN ESSEX-EASTERN ESSEX-WESTERN UNION-

EASTERN UNION-ROCKLAND-NORTHERN WESTCHESTER-SOUTHERN WESTCHESTER-

NEW YORK (MANHATTAN)-BRONX-RICHMOND (STATEN ISLAND)-

KINGS (BROOKLYN)-NORTHWESTERN SUFFOLK-SOUTHWESTERN SUFFOLK-

NORTHERN QUEENS-NORTHERN NASSAU-SOUTHERN QUEENS-SOUTHERN NASSAU-

.NOW...

PERIODS OF SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN...WITH AN OCCASIONAL RUMBLE OF

THUNDER...AS WELL AS SOME SNOW...WILL CONTINUE THROUGH 9 PM. A

GLAZE OF ICE...AS WELL AS UP TO AN INCH OF SLEET ARE POSSIBLE. IN

ADDITION WINDS WILL GUST UP TO 45 MPH.

It's snowing quite heavily here in Ossining now.....

This is getting a bit interesting here in southern Dutchess after getting slammed by the models during the last 48 hours. (Save the 18z runs)

They are going nuts around NYC with the TStorms but they are losing a ton of QPF to sleet/mix. No real TSNOW.

After the Tstorm passes some have gone back to rain.

Check out below (Mix rain thru 9 PM now??? for NYC Metro.

Could this baby be moving more north than east??

Anyway continuing to dump nicely!

SHORT TERM FORECAST

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NEW YORK NY

CTZ005-006-009-010-NJZ004-006-103>108-NYZ069>075-078-080-176>179-

270215-

NORTHERN FAIRFIELD-NORTHERN NEW HAVEN-SOUTHERN FAIRFIELD-

SOUTHERN NEW HAVEN-EASTERN PASSAIC-HUDSON-WESTERN BERGEN-

EASTERN BERGEN-WESTERN ESSEX-EASTERN ESSEX-WESTERN UNION-

EASTERN UNION-ROCKLAND-NORTHERN WESTCHESTER-SOUTHERN WESTCHESTER-

NEW YORK (MANHATTAN)-BRONX-RICHMOND (STATEN ISLAND)-

KINGS (BROOKLYN)-NORTHWESTERN SUFFOLK-SOUTHWESTERN SUFFOLK-

NORTHERN QUEENS-NORTHERN NASSAU-SOUTHERN QUEENS-SOUTHERN NASSAU-

.NOW...

PERIODS OF SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN...WITH AN OCCASIONAL RUMBLE OF

THUNDER...AS WELL AS SOME SNOW...WILL CONTINUE THROUGH 9 PM. A

GLAZE OF ICE...AS WELL AS UP TO AN INCH OF SLEET ARE POSSIBLE. IN

ADDITION WINDS WILL GUST UP TO 45 MPH.

I actually sailed west on the LIE , over the Whitestone, Hutchinson, Cross County, Sprain, then got off and went over here to a wifi at Starbucks in Ossining. I'm gonna go up 9 to 84 and over to the Thruway and then north ...sadly out of the snow..... I figured I better stay away from the Thruway in Westchester/Rockland.

The thruway in rockland is a complete disaster from Spring Valley to Suffern. That area was getting pounded with some of the heaviest snow I ever drove thru when I went was coming home. I think its backed off now so maybe its been cleared again. Thruway from Suffern to Harriman is in better shape.

I actually sailed west on the LIE , over the Whitestone, Hutchinson, Cross County, Sprain, then got off and went over here to a wifi at Starbucks in Ossining. I'm gonna go up 9 to 84 and over to the Thruway and then north ...sadly out of the snow..... I figured I better stay away from the Thruway in Westchester/Rockland.

My commute home around 4-6 pm from Nazareth, Pa. I went uo route 33 in Pa. to route 209 thru Bushkill up to 84 in Milford. Then across 84 to the Newburgh area. It took me around 15 minn.longer than normal. 84 was not too bad and the traffic was moving along around 75mph. Don't know what it's like out there now. I stayed away from I-78 and 278 in NJ think it was a good move.

Archived