Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
The Hudson Valley Thread Part 2

snywx

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Hudson, It's James what's up man? Milford had all snow at around 400 feet, all snow here at 1,254 feet.. Not very impressed with this system tonight to be honest..

Temp is 32 here with light snow.

Whats up bro... Yeah I would think a general 1-3" with those 3" amounts confined to areas 1000'+.. Im hoping to squeeze out 2" here :)

Lgt Snow & 32.6*

Hey Hudson, It's James what's up man? Milford had all snow at around 400 feet, all snow here at 1,254 feet.. Not very impressed with this system tonight to be honest..

Temp is 32 here with light snow.

Hey james you should post here more.. Would be nice to get some insight from you as well as obs from that area. Then we would have the Poconos to the NY/CT border covered :)

This is a good thread with some good guys as well as some Mets chiming in from time to time. Def. beats that disaster of a thread down in NYC..

Hey james you should post here more.. Would be nice to get some insight from you as well as obs from that area. Then we would have the Poconos to the NY/CT border covered :)

This is a good thread with some good guys as well as some Mets chiming in from time to time. Def. beats that disaster of a thread down in NYC..

Yeah, I havent posted in this thread much because i see that it's a Hudson Valley thread. Although Considering I'm only 25 min from Orange County Ny, i will start posting here more.

By the way, temp dropped down to 31.8 with moderate snow, around a half inch on all surfaces now.

Seems like the precip is really breaking up to my southwest though..

It's going to be interesting to see if the moisture over Ohio/West Virginia remains intact and makes it's way over here later tonight early am. Alot of models really break it up over night though.

Yeah, I havent posted in this thread much because i see that it's a Hudson Valley thread. Although Considering I'm only 25 min from Orange County Ny, i will start posting here more.

By the way, temp dropped down to 31.8 with moderate snow, around a half inch on all surfaces now.

Seems like the precip is really breaking up to my southwest though..

It's going to be interesting to see if the moisture over Ohio/West Virginia remains intact and makes it's way over here later tonight early am. Alot of models really break it up over night though.

You're more than welcome here as far as I'm concerned. Woke up to maybe .50" of slushy slop and 34 degrees. The winds are streadily picking up now with flurries in the air.

It didn't amount to much here. 1.5" tops...I need to go back in the woods to find out because it has blown to smithereens in my open lawn areas already. It was all snow ...just never very significant.

I did notice that and wondered how the radar translated to what is going on at ground level, thanks for the link.

It didn't amount to much here. 1.5" tops...I need to go back in the woods to find out because it has blown to smithereens in my open lawn areas already. It was all snow ...just never very significant.

Yeah same here.. All snow but early on it was extremely wet.. Finished out with about 1" here.

Most of us I'm sure will be glad to have you here. Keep the observations coming in!

Stopped snowing here in the Millbrook area (Dutchess County) after one or two wet, sticky inches. Enough to close some local schools in the area, but not enough to push our seasonal total much higher.

What have things come to when 1 or 2 inches closes schools. LOL I would think the parents (in many cases both work) would be annoyed to have to make arrangements for their children's care (ie babysitter, etc.) for so many unneeded snow days.....

My only theory is fear of lawsuits if any kids falls or a bus has an accident.

Around here rare to close for less than 5 or 6 inches, but it's a different mindset I suppose.

Most of us I'm sure will be glad to have you here. Keep the observations coming in!

Stopped snowing here in the Millbrook area (Dutchess County) after one or two wet, sticky inches. Enough to close some local schools in the area, but not enough to push our seasonal total much higher.

Thanks for all the kind words guys! I appreciate you guys allowing me to post here.. I'm in an area where i really dont fit into any location thread, besides the Hudson Valley one, considering how close I border Orange County. Hopefully we get a couple more storms to make use of this thread for the rest of the season..

Other then that, It has been a horrible year over here in the Northeast Poconos snow wise :(.

Finished off with 1 inch last night, Elevation 1,254 feet.. Parts of my county recieved 2-4 inches above 1500 feet it looks like. Looks like Sullivan County Ny, and Wayne County Pa did better then 3+ inches from reports i have seen.

Thanks for all the kind words guys! I appreciate you guys allowing me to post here.. I'm in an area where i really dont fit into any location thread, besides the Hudson Valley one, considering how close I border Orange County. Hopefully we get a couple more storms to make use of this thread for the rest of the season..

Other then that, It has been a horrible year over here in the Northeast Poconos snow wise
:(

Finished off with 1 inch last night, Elevation 1,254 feet.. Parts of my county recieved 2-4 inches above 1500 feet it looks like. Looks like Sullivan County Ny, and Wayne County Pa did better then 3+ inches from reports i have seen.

Welcome aboard! I commute across Orange county on 84 to the Milford exit down 209 and 33 to Nazareth. There was a good snow squall around the Stroudsburg area this afternoon comming dack up north. Once I got past the Bushkill area it was clear skies. Up on the higher elevations along I-84, it was pretty gusty with blowing snow in spots on the roadway.

Welcome aboard! I commute across Orange county on 84 to the Milford exit down 209 and 33 to Nazareth. There was a good snow squall around the Stroudsburg area this afternoon comming dack up north. Once I got past the Bushkill area it was clear skies. Up on the higher elevations along I-84, it was pretty gusty with blowing snow in spots on the roadway.

Thank you! Yea, i live about 10 min from Milford, I live off of 739 up the Mountain. Nice elevations up here ranging from 1200-1500 feet, and it was very gusty today.. Nazareth eh? Pretty far drive from the Hudson Valley huh? I bet you see a wide range of drastic weather changes with that commute!

Thank you! Yea, i live about 10 min from Milford, I live off of 739 up the Mountain. Nice elevations up here ranging from 1200-1500 feet, and it was very gusty today.. Nazareth eh? Pretty far drive from the Hudson Valley huh? I bet you see a wide range of drastic weather changes with that commute!

Long commute but is not all that bad. Takes about 2 hours each way. I like the drive along 209 and seeing the eagles roosting along the river and a bear or two on ocassion (in season). The weather can vary along the way. That can keep you stimulated too. :)

Long commute but is not all that bad. Takes about 2 hours each way. I like the drive along 209 and seeing the eagles roosting along the river and a bear or two on ocassion (in season). The weather can vary along the way. That can keep you stimulated too. :)

Yea 209 is nice and scenic, but it sucks when a black bear jumps out in the middle of the road lol.. I live less then 10 min from 209, and let me tell you. The difference in weather is amazing from my house (1,254 feet) to there. Many times i have had heavy snow up to a foot, while 209 at the dingmans ferry light around (300 feet) saw nothing but rain..

Back in October a lady hit a black bear on 84 between Mountain Rd & Middletown..

FYI ..last year I was driving north up route 32 a few miles above where Woodbury Commons is and a black bear ran across the road in front of me. Funny thing is that was the first bear that I have seen and I have hiked all over the Catskills. They may have been right near me in the mountains, but they stay out of sight if they hear people. The ones that live amongst people near civilization adapt and lose their fear, raid people's garbage etc....

Back in October a lady hit a black bear on 84 between Mountain Rd & Middletown..

FYI ..last year I was driving north up route 32 a few miles above where Woodbury Commons is and a black bear ran across the road in front of me. Funny thing is that was the first bear that I have seen and I have hiked all over the Catskills. They may have been right near me in the mountains, but they stay out of sight if they hear people. The ones that live amongst people near civilization adapt and lose their fear, raid people's garbage etc....

My folks live in Highland Mills roughly in the area your speaking of. Usually quite a few bear sightings in that area especially up around Schnemunk

My folks live in Highland Mills roughly in the area your speaking of. Usually quite a few bear sightings in that area especially up around Schnemunk

A few years ago I had a black bear in my yard, I didn't beleive my kids at first until I saw it myself. I got some not so good photos of it going to the cafeteria a.k.a. the dumpster :lol:

Hahah, that's funny guys. To see a black bear around here is very common, on average you see quite a few per year. I have seen many roam right through my yard. Alongside the deer, turkey, etc..

Oh the deer and turkey are everywhere along with everything else, my wife jokes that some days she feels like Snow White with all of the animals and game around.

In other off topic non weather news there's a great Irish rock band, The Saw Doctors, playing at The Chance in Poughkeepsie on March 8. With taxes and fees the tickets are only $27! I've been a fan of The Saw Doctors for years and have seen them twice before in NYC, $27 is well worth addmission to see these guys and to see them right in the middle of St. Patricks Season is even better. I have a group of about 14 going to the show. Whether you're Irish or not if your looking for some fun I highly recommend checking them out.

Oh the deer and turkey are everywhere along with everything else, my wife jokes that some days she feels like Snow White with all of the animals and game around.

In other off topic non weather news there's a great Irish rock band, The Saw Doctors, playing at The Chance in Poughkeepsie on March 8. With taxes and fees the tickets are only $27! I've been a fan of The Saw Doctors for years and have seen them twice before in NYC, $27 is well worth addmission to see these guys and to see them right in the middle of St. Patricks Season is even better. I have a group of about 14 going to the show. Whether you're Irish or not if your looking for some fun I highly recommend checking them out.

I have a bit of Irish in me. I haven't been up to the Chance in ages!!

I have a bit of Irish in me. I haven't been up to the Chance in ages!!

You don't have to have Irish in you, it just makes it that much better if you do! You can see some of their concert clips on Youtube if you are not familar with them. A couple of my favorite songs by them is N17 :thumbsup: and Nevermind The Strangers.

Hahah, that's funny guys. To see a black bear around here is very common, on average you see quite a few per year. I have seen many roam right through my yard. Alongside the deer, turkey, etc..

I've come close to hitting a few. along 209 they cross the road to get into the corn fields. The speed limit in the park ranges from 30-45. The times I came close to hitting them I was doing over 60 ( i see why the speed limit is what it is) It is good to know where the park rangers set up shop. ;)

I've come close to hitting a few. along 209 they cross the road to get into the corn fields. The speed limit in the park ranges from 30-45. The times I came close to hitting them I was doing over 60 ( i see why the speed limit is what it is) It is good to know where the park rangers set up shop. ;)

Yea, first off that speed limit of 30-45 is retarted and those park rangers are pretty stirct on 209. Although, I'm glad i got to keep my Military I.D, It has gotten me out of alot of b.s on 209 :)

Archived