Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
The Hudson Valley Thread Part 2

snywx

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I assume this has been rain for all the HV people from POU southwards. But I wonder how much snow has fallen in the Mid Hudson Valley north of there. Is the Lake Katrine guy out there? :)

Of course very nice here... SN and 27.5. I would say around 7 inches so far.

Rock on Logan, enjoy!

It started as sleet with some flakes last night and there must have been some freezing rain overnight judging by the slush in my driveway but it's been mostly rain, 1.08" in the gauge so far. 33 and rain it is bad as it gets in my book, just bone chilling damp cold.

Rock on Logan, enjoy!

It started as sleet with some flakes last night and there must have been some freezing rain overnight judging by the slush in my driveway but it's been mostly rain, 1.08" in the gauge so far. 33 and rain it is bad as it gets in my book, just bone chilling damp cold.

I hit a band of heavy sleet/snow/rain last night on 17 in Monroe. Temps busted low last night stayed around 33F. I did not see much runoff this morning, the snow/ice pack is absorbing it so far. :axe:

In know we had a guy on the main Upstate storm thread last night in Liberty (up 17) who was getting good snow. I imagine he had a changeover eventually.

I hit a band of heavy sleet/snow/rain last night on 17 in Monroe. Temps busted low last night stayed around 33F. I did not see much runoff this morning, the snow/ice pack is absorbing it so far. :axe:

In know we had a guy on the main Upstate storm thread last night in Liberty (up 17) who was getting good snow. I imagine he had a changeover eventually.

You sound like you're making out good with this storm snowfall wise. I think the rain snow line pushed out towards the Delaware/Sullivan County line this morning.

That's most likely snow if it's between ALB and DDH.... Delhi had rain for a short time, but now back to snow. Perhaps the R/S line is in northern Sullivan County.

You sound like you're making out good with this storm snowfall wise. I think the rain snow line pushed out towards the Delaware/Sullivan County line this morning.

I assume this has been rain for all the HV people from POU southwards. But I wonder how much snow has fallen in the Mid Hudson Valley north of there. Is the Lake Katrine guy out there? :)

late to the party....northern dutchess out east on 308....got to 33F.. (35 at midnight).....never warmed up....as usual....in these events, the cold air hangs on.....about an inch of slop to start day...then rains...mixed back and ended as another coating of snow...on all that remains.... (Maine got pounded.....tons up their ).....

Sean

12.8" final # here - though as with most of the storms here it is a best estimate/average depth. We blow a lot and even today there was some drifting.

25F and starting to blow around now. This takes me to around 82" for the season I think. I have to update my signature....

late to the party....northern dutchess out east on 308....got to 33F.. (35 at midnight).....never warmed up....as usual....in these events, the cold air hangs on.....about an inch of slop to start day...then rains...mixed back and ended as another coating of snow...on all that remains.... (Maine got pounded.....tons up their ).....

Sean

12.8" final # here - though as with most of the storms here it is a best estimate/average depth. We blow a lot and even today there was some drifting.

25F and starting to blow around now. This takes me to around 82" for the season I think. I have to update my signature....

Whats your seasonal average?

I ended up getting about 1.5-2 inches of heavy, wet snow from the storm. I heard parts of Saugerties got 4-5 inches from my dad who works there. Snowing pretty good right now.

You called it, 9" at the stake this morning.

I think the tundra has hit critical mass; it can't absorb much more rain, meltwater and hold itself together, its already the consistency of a snowcone. If the warm ar manages to make it in here and temps get in to the upper 40's or higher tomorrow and it rains it should take a major beating.

I think the tundra has hit critical mass; it can't absorb much more rain, meltwater and hold itself together, its already the consistency of a snowcone. If the warm ar manages to make it in here and temps get in to the upper 40's or higher tomorrow and it rains it should take a major beating.

The slush ball fight that I had with kids yesterday would back up that thinking.

30 here now

My temps started rising not long after I posted this, I beleive that it was all plain rain for me, I didn't see any evidence of ice this morning and it was already in the mid 30's.

Certainly looks like spring out there, a hand full of lightning flashes and the thunder rolls as it's downpouring.

Yes it did. I was in a tstorm from Goshen to Monroe this morning. Very cool, 37F, heavy rain, lightning, thunder and snow on the ground :thumbsup:

Archived