• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
The Hudson Valley Thread Part 2

snywx

The NAM quite much lighter with the QPF in recent runs, which is a bit odd.

I'll take it. Main precip load is south of us for the last 3 or 4 runs. surface temps borderline except after sunset. maybe we'll luck out with a few inches on the grass and nothing on the roads

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks like the NAM is pushing the higher QPF to our south and west. Did you get anything on the ground yesterday? i heard that there wasn't much on the east side of the county. I had 2" IMBY that was still around last night but is mostly gone this morning.

Yes, little on the east side from what I seen, South Rockland had about 3 inches

Please I hope not.. Its time for spring :)

It will be interesting to see the difference between your 850' elevation and my 385'. I want spring too but it will be hot and humid before we know it, and that's my least favorite weather. If life (or the weather in this case) is throwing you lemons I say make lemonade....and throw in a splash of vodka :P

It will be interesting to see the difference between your 850' elevation and my 385'. I want spring too but it will be hot and humid before we know it, and that's my least favorite weather. If life (or the weather in this case) is throwing you lemons I say make lemonade....and throw in a splash of vodka :P

One good thing about tomrrow is that im already off from work :) ... Will def. provide updates throughout the day

18z GFS... MGJ-- 1.57" all snow

SWF-- 1.38" all snow

18z NAM... MGJ-- .91" all snow

SWF-- .86" all snow

18z GFS for KSWF 11.9" of snow

http://www.meteor.iastate.edu/~ckarsten/cobb/cobb.php?model=gfsm&site=kswf

18z NAM for KSWF 10.4" of snow

http://www.meteor.iastate.edu/~ckarsten/cobb/cobb.php?model=namm&site=kswf

I tried to run KMGJ on the link and it did not come up.

Upton for mby

Wednesday: Snow, mainly after 8am. High near 35. East wind between 3 and 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Wednesday Night: Snow, freezing rain, and sleet, becoming all snow after 2am. Low around 26. East wind around 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. New snow and sleet accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

I'm still thinking a few inches on grass. Mostly because I am wishcasting but the temps are still marginal during the day and evening and we don't usually do good with QPF when storms bowl due east.

I already had 1" IMBY when I left 30 minutes ago, roads just wet though. There was a noticable amount less in Goshen with much lighter snow but it has just picked up in intensity in Goshen now.

It was quite heavy in Goshen from 7am to around 8am then backed off to almost nothing. Nothing but some isolated snow showers on radar now either all the way back to KBGM.

Coming in this morning it was snow to around Tuxedo, temp there 33F and sleet. Suffern 34F and light rain.

Yeah I seen the update. Problem is there isn't a lot of qpf as of now

That update cut back the totals by a couple of inches for most of Orange County. I'm not surprised and I think most of us knew that this storm had bust potential, at least for the higher end accumulations. The radar is not impressive but we'll see what happens this evening. I laugh at all the schools that closed and had early dismissal, what a waste. Earlier this afternoon it was easily bright enough outside for sunglasses even with the snow falling, a good example of the difference between a mid winter snowstorm and and a late season/spring snowstorm.

That update cut back the totals by a couple of inches for most of Orange County. I'm not surprised and I think most of us knew that this storm had bust potential, at least for the higher end accumulations. The radar is not impressive but we'll see what happens this evening. I laugh at all the schools that closed and had early dismissal, what a waste. Earlier this afternoon it was easily bright enough outside for sunglasses even with the snow falling, a good example of the difference between a mid winter snowstorm and and a late season/spring snowstorm.

Yeah, my kids were let go at 10:30am.

Its crazy around Pittsburg now, two Tornado warnings, lots of t-storms and mesocyclones, a nice MCS. If that comes thru later tonight I can see us hitting Uptons totals but it likely will slide south of us if it holds together. Otherwise there is nothing to speak of out there now. Maybe it will change.

I think we are all gonna be in for a surprise if that convection out in W PA & OH can make it in here.. BTW.. Flakes are huge right now! lol..

That's what could be interesting, about 2" on the grass here at home with light snow now, it wasn't doing anything about 15 minutes ago. I heard heard some sleet pings on he windshield on the drive home and some sleet pellets on my deck.

Archived