gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
January 26-27 Snowstorm Disco V

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great winter for some above the NH/MA line. ;)

I'm not sure why so many people in NH are complaining. There's been a lot of snow and cold.

Its the jackpot fetish a lot of people have. If they see someone not too far from them have more, then they automatically claim they are getting screwed....even if they are comfortably above climo.

Its the jackpot fetish a lot of people have. If they see someone not too far from them have more, then they automatically claim they are getting screwed....even if they are comfortably above climo.

I can comfortably claim getting screwed the previous 3 winters. This one makes up for it!

Already am above my seasonal normal with 46" so far!!

I'm 2 miles from BDL. Take my totals then. With the 2.2" I got today, I am exactly 48" for the season. 39" for Jan.

Everytime i see a post about BDL...i have to post back. They have over reported their seasonal totals by at least a foot!! Whether or not anything can be done about it or not ( I hope there is an investigation just like BWI) it still needs to be said, It is just so wrong. They are only over reporting five or six inches for the month so that isnt bad as far as monthly totals go but for the season its big and it is a tainted record bc this will go into the top ten even if the storm train were to slow down in the future. There is no doubt in my mind they will pick up another foot for the season in the worst of possible weather circumstances.

When they reach around eighty inches with no further over reporting I will extend them the most sincere congrats!

LOL I know, just poking fun at the lack of mentions of the SREF today. Usually there's eager anticipation and much talk of them around now.

LOL sorry I misread the last part. I've been staring at this stupid computer for too long. Pretty soon I'll be mistaking the Charles River for the Connecticut and be calling for 12+ here :lol:

Bouchard from a few minutes ago. This is exactly what he said:

"We will miss out on a BIG chunk of moisture too, that glides off south and east of Nantucket but the second batch of energy that comes through on Wednesday night late and Thursday is the main event" The BIG was his emphasis not mine.

Pretty much exactly what I was saying, but like I said, not sold 100% until tonight.

My winter in a nutshell? I have 4 events over 5", 2 over a foot, and 1 over 20".

I don't know about anyone else in CNE, but I'm happy with my share. Not every winter has a 20-incher, and as you alluded the snowpack is now looking pretty impressive. People are shoveling their roofs and the snowmobile trails are busy again

For all you qpf whackos..everytime we have one of these biggies...every blessed time...there is always..always a 2nd jackpot area much farther west than ever is modelled.. Any guesses where it'll be?

That's right..smack dab over GC

And between that/this year how much do you want to bet all of CT into NY and NJ gets whacked? Book it.

Archived