Newest Member
    joxey
November II Discussion

CapturedNature

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damage In Tolland, on 14 Nov 2014 - 4:11 PM, said:snapback.png

I'm not all convinced that period ends up with a hell bent torch with 60's. We've already seen it tone down a bit and I'd think that may happen even more. Maybe it's AN due to nighttime mins and daytime clouds or something

Meh, climo norms for BDL 47/31 ending up 46/29  850 +1 to 0, seems about what Ens showing, maybe a tad warmer, not a torch look, don't fret

Damage In Tolland, on 14 Nov 2014 - 4:11 PM, said:snapback.png

Meh, climo norms for BDL 47/31 ending up 46/29 850 +1 to 0, seems about what Ens showing, maybe a tad warmer, not a torch look, don't fret

Yeah might be one if these deals where we are locked in cool sector then warm sector for 6 hours then bang back to chill. No worries

Nah, one more day of thongs for Kevin. We shall turn milder for a few.

Rather than catering to Kevin's spin...I think we should just call it what it is. A relaxation to above average temps for a period of 2-3 days and then probably cool back to normal (perhaps slightly below) for T-day weekend.

Details below are where the spin usually starts and you can see why:

- Maybe we spike to 60 for a day surrounded by 48-54 type temps...hard to say since a storm system is involved and you can't predict the intricacies of it

- Sometimes it could be cold November rain on the front side of the storm before warm sectoring

- Or it could be SW winds for a day out ahead and playing hackey-sack.

- Or it could be overcast with temps of 48 but low temps are 43 so we are +6 for the day.

We just don't know yet. But I'll bet on above average.

Rather than catering to Kevin's spin...I think we should just call it what it is. A relaxation to above average temps for a period of 2-3 days and then probably cool back to normal (perhaps slightly below) for T-day weekend.

Details below are where the spin usually starts and you can see why:

- Maybe we spike to 60 for a day surrounded by 48-54 type temps...hard to say since a storm system is involved and you can't predict the intricacies of it

- Sometimes it could be cold November rain on the front side of the storm before warm sectoring

- Or it could be SW winds for a day out ahead and playing hackey-sack.

- Or it could be overcast with temps of 48 but low temps are 43 so we are +6 for the day.

We just don't know yet. But I'll bet on above average.

:lol:   Pretty much.

I agree with Ryan, Berks could be looking at an icing situation, nice synoptic snows for you on GFS and trans-longitudinal GFS

What did they change on that new GFS? Looks like a better grid? That model is a lot more terrain happy than the current GFS, it prints the localized bullseyes over the peaks where the old model was much more broad based.

What did they change on that new GFS? Looks like a better grid? That model is a lot more terrain happy than the current GFS, it prints the localized bullseyes over the peaks where the old model was much more broad based.

Exactly. Much finer resolution... along with other changes with model physics etc. 

27 km to 13 km grids plus a whole lot more, seems to me to run a tad warm at the surface so far

Had some good snow squalls today roll through from steep low level lapse rates and orographics... got a few photos of some of them, but here is one such cell.  You'd go from sunshine to 1/4sm +SN and back to sunshine all in like 15 minutes, lol. 

I was amazed at how low-topped the squalls were, but yet were able to pack such a brief heavy snowfall.  The snow growth region must've been perfect up at 4,000-6,000ft as these squalls were bringing huge dendrites.  I wonder if MWN would actually have been near the top of these squalls, lol.

IMG_4228_edited-2_zps50e01991.jpg

IMG_4225_edited-2_zps232bf080.jpg

This is a funny AFD.  NWS FFC   (Atlanta)

SO SPEAKING OF THE COLD AIR...IT WILL DEFINITELY BE ON THE COOL
SIDE OF NORMAL SUNDAY AND MONDAY...BUT WHAT IS IN STORE BEHIND THE
EARLY WEEK FRONT IS JUST PLAIN RIDICULOUS. MONDAY NIGHT WE HAVE
LOWS IN THE LOWER 20S NORTH TO MID 30S SOUTH...AND FOR TUESDAY
HIGHS...BRACE YOURSELVES...LOWER TO MID 30S AT BEST NORTH AND
UPPER 40S SOUTH. A HIGH OF 39 IN ATLANTA IN NOVEMBER IS JUST
CRAZINESS. BUT...CURRENT BLEND IS ACTUALLY A BIT WARMER /YES
WARMER/ THAN CONSENSUS SO WE WILL HAVE TO KEEP A CLOSE EYE ON
TEMPS. JUST KIND OF MISERABLE. EVEN RIDICULOUSLY COLDER TUESDAY
NIGHT WITH SOME LOWS DIPPING INTO THE TEENS. SHOULD SEE A BIT OF A
MODERATION BY WEDNESDAY WITH THE DEEP TROUGH BEGINNING TO LIFT
SOMEWHAT...BUT STILL WAY WAY WAY BELOW NORMAL WITH HIGHS
GENERALLY IN THE 40S EVERYWHERE. THE NEXT SHOT OF PRECIP MOVES IN
AT THE END OF THE EXTENDED AND WITH CURRENT TEMPS WILL HAVE TO
AGAIN BE WATCHING P-TYPE. SO IN A NUTSHELL...IF YOU LIKE COLD
WEATHER...THIS EXTENDED IS FOR YOU.

That was entertaining...Georgia isn't used to this stuff in the Dead Of Winter, let alone November.  I wonder if they will even see these type of temps again this winter?  NBC Nightly news just had a story on about the Cold down in Georgia, and how people down that way are going bats buying firewood, cuz they think the winter there is going to be Frigid.  Like I said, will it get this cold again there this winter?  I wonder.

Archived