joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November II Discussion

CapturedNature

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My yard is inches deep with leaves. Should be fun raking blocks of frozen leaves.

Can't say you were not warned. 

I am interested in how the Euro ends up, I have to agree with the poster who yesterday pointed out the Euro has had a west bias the last couple of coastal's in the 72 hr range. Seems models have underestimated the cold thruout the country as reported by multiple field offices.

Can't say you were not warned. 

I am interested in how the Euro ends up, I have to agree with the poster who yesterday pointed out the Euro has had a west bias the last couple of coastal's in the 72 hr range. Seems models have underestimated the cold thruout the country as reported by multiple field offices.

Told him weeks ago to get them up with snow cover and cold coming and he said wait till end of month..Not a good call with the torch thwarted.

BOS finally broke the freeze cherry.  Mid week looks like December like cold.  Ensembles continue to improve once we get through the warmth in the few days leading into Thanksgiving Day.  Heading home this afternoon after working this morning.  Will be nice to return to sweet New England though I got a winter treat here. 

My yard is inches deep with leaves. Should be fun raking blocks of frozen leaves.

In all seriousness..why do you rake? Why not invest in a nice backpack blower? You know how much time you would save? Sure it's a couple hundred bucks..but the time you save and weekends you get back to spend with your family are well worth it in the end.

GEFS don't look too bad in the long range...warm-up to maybe +5 to +10 for a couple days, then hover around normal for late-Nov climo. Certainly doesn't look cold relative to what this week will bring, but then again that pattern wasn't going to sustain itself.

Canadian ensembles were more of a torch out near day 10 than GEFS.

In all seriousness..why do you rake? Why not invest in a nice backpack blower? You know how much time you would save? Sure it's a couple hundred bucks..but the time you save and weekends you get back to spend with your family are well worth it in the end.

1.  They are loud

2.  They stink

3.  He doesn't live on a Tolland ponderosa.

Cold morning and day today.  Winter pressing but not quite here.

I like raking. It gets all the crap off the lawn. Leaf blowers blow the vital top soil off. All they do is blow it into a pile. That's the easy part. The hard part is bagging them.

I like raking. It gets all the crap off the lawn. Leaf blowers blow the vital top soil off. All they do it blow it into a pile. That's the easy part. The hard part is bagging them.

Blowers are really only good if you just have to blow them into the woods or something. If you have to tarp them or bag them, just rake it.

Honestly , 1) great exercise 2) my wife and I do it together and enjoy the outdoors 3) the dogs love to be outside with us 3) raking helps aerate the lawn 4) breathing in fresh air for extended periods is much healthier than blower exhaust. 

I like raking. It gets all the crap off the lawn. Leaf blowers blow the vital top soil off. All they do is blow it into a pile. That's the easy part. The hard part is bagging them.

You gotta bag them? Ugh..I just blow them into the woods..but it still takes 4+ hours several weeks in a row..with all the damn flowerbeds and trying to salvage the mulch. If you have thick grass, it doesn't blow any topsoil anywhere

Plenty of time. Torch on.

It won't torch, but plenty warm enough following the rains to get dry leaves taken care of.

Why didn't you post your front lawn? ;)

From your photos I'm guessing your neighbors front yard and your back yard face north.

Yup--the sun shining on the left side of that house identifies that as east.

I wonder if I might manage a sub-freezing day today.

Honestly , 1) great exercise 2) my wife and I do it together and enjoy the outdoors 3) the dogs love to be outside with us 3) raking helps aerate the lawn 4) breathing in fresh air for extended periods is much healthier than blower exhaust. 

I run 25-50 miles a week depending on time of year and training..I breathe more fresh air in than a Canadian goose

You gotta bag them? Ugh..I just blow them into the woods..but it still takes 4+ hours several weeks in a row..with all the damn flowerbeds and trying to salvage the mulch. If you have thick grass, it doesn't blow any topsoil anywhere

It was great living in Worcester.  You'd just blow them into the street and the city would come along and suck 'em all up  Miles and miles of roads narrowed by rows of leaves.

I remember when I was a kid coming up to Killingly or Putnum for a x-c meet seeing they did the same thing there back then.

Now, it's all into the woods.

It won't torch, but plenty warm enough following the rains to get dry leaves taken care of.

Yup--the sun shining on the left side of that house identifies that as east.

I wonder if I might manage a sub-freezing day today.

Feel pretty good about at least a one- two day torch before T-Day. I'm sure some will spin it saying it was only for 24 hrs and we had a cold rain before...blah blah blah, but it's a 180 from this pattern. Pacific Jet FTL.

Archived