SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 24-30th Clippers

Chicago Storm

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like a nice, widespread 1-3" high ratio refresher coming in tomorrow night for northern IL/southern WI.  Looks like the RGEM might be indicating more of a 3-4" type event for southern WI, extreme northern IL inside of the general 1-3" area.  Gonna be cool to wake up xmas morning to a fresh coating of fluff. :guitar:

Trickier forecast for down here by the QC.  Most of the guidance spits out between 0.10-0.15" of precip, but the Euro has been very dry for the I-80 corridor on south.  In fact the new Euro pretty much shuts the QC out completely.  If the 00z models continue to indicate more of a wetter solution for the I-80 corridor you'd think the Euro solution should be tossed. 

Trickier forecast for down here by the QC.  Most of the guidance spits out between 0.10-0.15" of precip, but the Euro has been very dry for the I-80 corridor on south.  In fact the new Euro pretty much shuts the QC out completely.  If the 00z models continue to indicate more of a wetter solution for the I-80 corridor you'd think the Euro solution should be tossed. 

EURO doesn't handle these low end clippers very well. It might get the southern idea tonight.

I'd got with the RGEM or GGEM.

Archived