Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Last Days Of Summer: September 2015 DISCUSSION/OBS

UnionWeatherWx

uncle W, on 28 Aug 2015 - 7:44 PM, said:snapback.png

NYC has 51 days with a minimum 70 or higher...the record is 61 set in 1906...

61 in 1906

60 in 2005

54 in 1908

52 in 1980

51 in 2013

51 in 2015 and counting

47 in 2012

46 in 1876

46 in 1959

51 (w/ today)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Latest Guidance continues to show 850 temps 16c(+) Tue/Wed with record heat possible  and perhaps the hottest maxes since 2013.  Overall warm to hot Labor day through Thu (9/10). Fri (9/11) transition from heat with a trough  moving through next weekend.  Still remains to be seen amount of cool/rain.  Southerly flow may develop for a day or so.  Beyond there heights look to com up by mid month especially along the coast as trough establishes over the upper Plains/MW.

9/5 - 9/6: Onshore flow,  California weather.  Warming by Sun afternoon

Labor day - 9/10 : Warm to Hot Peaking Tue (9/8) / Wed (9/9).  Highest Max of season?

9/11 - 9/12 :  Cooler but could see humid southerly flow

9/13 - 9/15 :   Cooler (80s streak in joepardy) below normal possible day or two?

9/16 - beyond :  Warmer pattern returns ridging along the EC.  

Great to get that nasty airmass out of here...

It is quite nice now.  This has to be one of my top 5 summers, and I'm almost older than moses.  Despite the lack of extreme heat  which I prefer in the warm season, this has been one of the most pleasant spring / summers i can remember.  Persistent warmth and sunny days are contagious.  The only real negatives were the first 9-10 days of June even the 4th of July turned out nice where i was.  We could have used more rain but that had some benefits with the bugs/mosquito's being muted.  

76 here as of 10:38AM

It is quite nice now.  This has to be one of my top 5 summers, and I'm almost older than moses.  Despite the lack of extreme heat  which I prefer in the warm season, this has been one of the most pleasant spring / summers i can remember.  Persistent warmth and sunny days are contagious.  The only real negatives were the first 9-10 days of June even the 4th of July turned out nice where i was.  We could have used more rain but that had some benefits with the bugs/mosquito's being muted.  

I strongly agree. This was probably one of the nicest summers in my memory, if not the best in terms of outside weather. Would have liked more pulses of extreme heat as you noted, and more T-storm activity, though I did experience possibly the best nocturnal T-storm in memory on August 21st, so that did make up quite a bit for the lack of action.

I strongly agree. This was probably one of the nicest summers in my memory, if not the best in terms of outside weather. Would have liked more pulses of extreme heat as you noted, and more T-storm activity, though I did experience possibly the best nocturnal T-storm in memory on August 21st, so that did make up quite a bit for the lack of action.

Last summer was probably the nicest summer I've ever experienced.

I agree.

Some years it feel like summer is over before it really got started. 

It's a nice long stretch of consistent warmth and sunshine.

It helps that May was basically an extra summer month for us.  We had two Junes really.

Last summer was pleasant, which is nice, but sometimes its too cool for some summer activities. There was too many times I went to a pool or beach and it was too cool to really enjoy it. Its nice for sitting in a park or something, but pleasant temps are cold when your jumping into some cold water. I need heat.

To me..the best would be..a mild May, warm June, hot July and Aug, warm Sept turning mild late.

Archived