Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
The Last Days Of Summer: September 2015 DISCUSSION/OBS

UnionWeatherWx

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weird. I see some sites reporting 79 at EWR and the NWS has then at 78. Either way they're hitting 80 this hour.

It's he amount of borderline days at 89 and 88. Central and northeast metro nj and nyc will be a degree or two warmer. The park has the vegetation issues with rain and demonstrated by the recent warmh nyc is equal or ahead of EWR the last few weeks. Ewr closer to New Brunswick and other stations. Onshore winds also keeping lga lower this year and places like si as well.

2015:

PHL: 34 (Apr: 0 ; May: 1; Jun: 7; Jul: 10; Aug: 12; Sep: 4

EWR: 32 (Apr: 0 ; May: 2; Jun 4; Jul: 11; Aug: 13; Sep: 2

TTN: 24 (Apr: 0 ; May: 2; Jun: 4; Jul: 6; Aug: 9; Sep: 3

LGA: 18 (Apr: 0 ; May: 0 ; Jun:3; Jul : 6; Aug: 8; Sep: 1

ACY: 20 (Apr: 0 ; May: 0 ; Jun: 5; Jul: 4; Aug: 8; Sep: 2

TEB: 33 (Apr: 0 ; May: 4 ; Jun : 5; Jul: 8; Aug: 12; Sep: 3

NYC: 17 (Apr: 0 ; May: 0 ; Jun: 1; Jul: 5 ; Aug: 8; Sep: 3

JFK: 11 (Apr: 0 ; May: 0 ; Jun: 1; Jul:3 ; Aug: 6; Sep: 1

ISP: 6 (Apr: 0 ; May: 0 ; Jun: 0 ; Jul: 3 ; Aug: 2; Sep: 1

New Brunswick: 33 (Apr: 0 ; May: 2 ; Jun: 3; Jul: 11; Aug: 14; Sep: 3

89 Degree Days:

TEB: 7

TTN: 3

PHL: 10

New Brunswick: 10

EWR: 5

NYC: 7

ACY: 8

JFK: 9

LGA: 6

ISP: 2

I strongly agree. This was probably one of the nicest summers in my memory, if not the best in terms of outside weather. Would have liked more pulses of extreme heat as you noted, and more T-storm activity, though I did experience possibly the best nocturnal T-storm in memory on August 21st, so that did make up quite a bit for the lack of action.

I can't call it a nice summer when there's such a dramatic lack of rain. My vegetable crops have not been as good as usual because of the extreme dry weather. All of the lawns around here are brown. I look out at my yard right now and see a brown lawn that also is covered with brown leaves, because the trees have been stressed by the lack of rain. It definitely has been good for outdoor activities, but I can't call it a nice summer because we didn't get enough rain to keep things looking nice. 

Archived