Newest Member
    joxey
June 2015 Observation Thread

Isopycnic

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sweet!!  :thumbsup: 

There certainly is some dark, ugly clouds above a bright horizon here. Looks like something you see on a stormchaser video in the plains states.

Nasty looking clouds in every direction, but not the first drop fell imby today  :lol:   That's okay....just over an inch fell yesterday  :D

Unfortunately - did that this time yesterday, except quarter to ping pong ball size. My poor new GMC Terrain ....

and the live oaks were stripped

Not good    :(  

Sweet!!   :thumbsup:

Nasty looking clouds in every direction, but not the first drop fell imby today   :lol:   That's okay....just over an inch fell yesterday   :D

Not good     :(

Got lots of rain from several seperate storms here today, on top of a nice set in rain that fell yesterday. I like this ULL and stalled front.

You see whats going on just to your north? man, those are some pretty nasty looking storms.

Unfortunately - did that this time yesterday, except quarter to ping pong ball size. My poor new GMC Terrain ....

and the live oaks were stripped

we had a hailstorm back in april here, but the majority of the stones were pea to marble size with a few stones that were golf ball sized.

Nothing like we had last year during the Memorial Day weekend. Two supercell thunderstorms hit us in rapid succession covering the ground with hail up to 3" in diameter denting our cars and damaged the roof and deck of the house.

There has been on and off thunder for at least the last few hrs and its rained hard enough to hear on the roof a few times overnight,  I just checked the gauge and it had 1.03" in it and that's since around midnight when I went to bed so that plus the .60" yesterday puts me at 1.63" for the week but its still raining pretty good out there and the radar looks good for maybe another .25" at least from this round.

Got lots of rain from several seperate storms here today, on top of a nice set in rain that fell yesterday. I like this ULL and stalled front.

You see whats going on just to your north? man, those are some pretty nasty looking storms.

MBY ended up with .26 while just to my north set a new record   :lol:  

RECORD EVENT REPORT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE COLUMBIA SC

0246 AM EDT WED JUN 03 2015

...RECORD DAILY MAXIMUM RAINFALL SET AT COLUMBIA METRO AIRPORT SC...

SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS BROUGHT HEAVY RAINFALL RESULTING IN

RECORD RAINFALL OF 2.42 INCHES BEING SET AT COLUMBIA METRO AIRPORT

SC FOR JUNE 2. THIS BREAKS THE OLD RECORD OF 2.30 SET IN 1903.

MBY ended up with .26 while just to my north set a new record   :lol:

RECORD EVENT REPORT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE COLUMBIA SC

0246 AM EDT WED JUN 03 2015

...RECORD DAILY MAXIMUM RAINFALL SET AT COLUMBIA METRO AIRPORT SC...

SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS BROUGHT HEAVY RAINFALL RESULTING IN

RECORD RAINFALL OF 2.42 INCHES BEING SET AT COLUMBIA METRO AIRPORT

SC FOR JUNE 2. THIS BREAKS THE OLD RECORD OF 2.30 SET IN 1903.

so much for a redux of the summer of 1993..... :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:

Archived