joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer 2015 pattern discussion

GaWx

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm willing to bet that at least the upstate and most of GA will stay dry the rest of this week. The pattern has set up well east of where It had been modeled. The area from Boone to Charlotte to around Charleston and northeast of there should do well after tonight, but west of that line is no dice. And the southeast upslope flow will actually end up being northwest and downsloping, really drying out the I-85 corridor. It's going to be 1993 all over again.

I'm willing to bet that at least the upstate and most of GA will stay dry the rest of this week. The pattern has set up well east of where It had been modeled. The area from Boone to Charlotte to around Charleston and northeast of there should do well after tonight, but west of that line is no dice. And the southeast upslope flow will actually end up being northwest and downsloping, really drying out the I-85 corridor. It's going to be 1993 all over again.

we missed on the blizzard redux.

This simply cannot be the truth. GSP has 20% pops. The ULL is off by hundreds of miles. The models are overdoing it again. They're as bad with rain and temps as with snow. If it's not raining at my house, then it's not raining and the models and NWS forecasters are wrong. It's 100f and dry. You know it is, man. Stop playing!

lol..

Based on what? The ULL that's bringing us the heavier precip Tues Wed Thur is just now moving into Western KY/TN. We won't feel it's affects until it slowly drifts closer; meanwhile, a front is sinking south through the mid-Atlantic states will become the focal point for more precipitation. Whoever got something in the Triangle today should consider it a bonus to the weeks' event still to unfold.

We got .22 and I am pleased with that. Today should be fun. I just built a floating dock in the pond. I would like it to still be floating in August.

But, it's supposed to snow rain heavily with every storm!*

* or sunny all the time.

Never said it was supposed to rain heavy with every storm. I said I doubt we will get as much widespread rain as the models show with the storms being widely scattered. Some folks might get a lot if they are in the right place. Of course, it is just my opinion, which is part of participating in message boards, and I could be wrong.  Maybe everyone in NC will get 3 inches of rain this week.

It's time for GSP to drop pops to 20% the rest of this evening. I also think the models are wrong about the rest of this week. Look at the radar from around Nashville TN and Columbus Miss on to the west. That's this week's weather for this area. Dry.

Lol. 

I've been right about summer storms much more than they have over the years.

Can I see your data? 

Lol.

Can I see your data?

His crystal ball doesn't have data. It just keeps showing the year 1993. We got it shet, you think this is a 1993 redux. When its not are you going to admit you're wrong or just continue to give wrong forecast like you do every winter? I think I will stick to listening to the professionals..

Never said it was supposed to rain heavy with every storm. I said I doubt we will get as much widespread rain as the models show with the storms being widely scattered. Some folks might get a lot if they are in the right place. Of course, it is just my opinion, which is part of participating in message boards, and I could be wrong.  Maybe everyone in NC will get 3 inches of rain this week.

After all the years you still can't seem to grasp the way forecasts are done. The maps outline an area where 3" of rain is possible. It doesn't mean, and never has meant, that everyone within that area will get 3" of rain.  Just as a severe watch does not mean everyone in the watch area will get severe weather.  In fact, usually most won't.  

After all the years you still can't seem to grasp the way forecasts are done. The maps outline an area where 3" of rain is possible. It doesn't mean, and never has meant, that everyone within that area will get 3" of rain.  Just as a severe watch does not mean everyone in the watch area will get severe weather.  In fact, usually most won't.  

That was just hyperbole. I know it doesn't mean everyone will definitely get 3 inches of rain. 

The 12z GFS brings 95-100 degree heat in and under 10 days now and as high as 101-102 around RDU. It is also much dryer over all of NC and SC.

What GFS model are you looking at? It actually looks pleasant around day 10:

http://www.twisterdata.com/index.php?prog=forecast&model=GFS&grid=3&model_yyyy=2015&model_mm=06&model_dd=02&model_init_hh=12&fhour=252&parameter=TMPF&level=2&unit=M_ABOVE_GROUND&maximize=n&mode=singlemap&sounding=n&output=image&view=large&archive=false

When hyperbole makes up most of your posts, it becomes your norm and no longer meets the definition.

When I said everyone in NC might get 3 inches of rain, I was just saying I might be wrong about the widespread rain the models were showing for this week. Just using hyperbole to make my point that I could be wrong about my opinion in regards to the rain the models were showing. 

Archived