• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
NNE Late Winter - Maple Sugaring and Soft Snow

mreaves

best with deep snow to ski on, seen lots of pics of peeps in shorts tee shirts out skiing,love it

Yeah plenty of that out there this afternoon. I got a decent goggle tan today too, haha.

Sitting out in the sun at the summit with temps near 50F (felt like 75F after the winter we've had), hard to believe a half foot of snow could start falling in less than 12 hours.

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah plenty of that out there this afternoon. I got a decent goggle tan today too, haha.

Sitting out in the sun at the summit with temps near 50F (felt like 75F after the winter we've had), hard to believe a half foot of snow could start falling in less than 12 hours.

that's the beauty of spring up there

The precipitation changed over to snow here around 7:40 A.M., and it was like a switch, really no mixing that I saw.  It’s coming down steadily so it started to accumulate immediately.  There was 0.19” of liquid in the gauge prior to the changeover.

Snow essentially stopped just in time to allow a window for the Cargo guys to come in (FedEx from Portland) and a few commercial flights. But another significant looking band will be here by 11 am it appears. Should be enough to disrupt some air traffic as before LIFR with RVR below minimums (sucks landing runway 33 in low visibility, mountains make it a less precise approach than 15).

Archived