joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Post-Super Bowl Storm chance discussion

rossi

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the NWS learned its lesson . . . But that actually scares me. It missed the ice a week-or-so ago, it over-estimated the magnitude of this storm. What happens next?

Upton just got another black eye - deserved or not - one eye - the cancelled ice storm advisory fiasco and  the other eye the biggest winter storm bust since 2001

Upton just got another black eye - deserved or not - one eye - the cancelled ice storm advisory fiasco and  the other eye the biggest winter storm bust since 2001

It's not just Upton.  Unfair to kill them solely for this.  The one thing NWS has done a better job is coordinating regional forecasts across CWA/offices like Upton/Mt. Holly/Taunton, etc.

My point exactly. If there actually is a/another big storm in the offing, no one -- least of all the mayor of NYC -- will listen. I think Cuomo still would because Nassau and Suffolk sort of panned out.

This is the worst case scenario, because more likely than not we will get a big storm again here in the next year or two and there will be problems with this kind of "do we, don't we" occurring.

i can tell you one thing, the models will be in consensus with this storm when we get within 36 hours,  obviously right now the exact path and coastal development is unkown, but something is in the works for this timeframe, and there will be a fair amount of cold air in place to make frozen precip happen, but thurs/fri should have a nice look at this puppy.  the last gfs run wasn't too shabby curious to see what the euro shows

you're too late. I just upped totals to 36-48 with higher amounts

Lol I'm done...just had to.....7 hours of sleep in the past 3 nights

Did the same thing -- barely slept, I mean -- and even though I'm disappointed to a degree, I will likely do the same thing if there's another "biggie" being projected.

Archived