• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Pattern Changing: Early December threats?

ORH_wxman

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd rather see what the euro is showing today, instead of he trend for cutting to the west. We seem to be establishing a general trend of moving away from the GL scenario. It doesn't mean it won't happen, but this is sort of the opposite of what we've seen for the last two weeks, in terms of model trends. The ensembles should be interesting.

I'd rather see what the euro is showing today, instead of he trend for cutting to the west. We seem to be establishing a general trend of moving away from the GL scenario. It doesn't mean it won't happen, but this is sort of the opposite of what we've seen for the last two weeks, in terms of model trends. The ensembles should be interesting.

This. I agree. Trends towards a southerly solution seem to be materializing today. Obviously we still don't know if this will hold but I like the idea. 12z GFS ens. mean had a nice solution.

It certainly is a better scenario even though at the moment it has the storm around the 5th surpressed south, Trend is moving things east.........

I don't like highly anomalous set ups. We had too many of them last year and I ended up with a very warm and well below average snowfall winter. It bothers me to seem them showing up on the models...a lot lately it seems. Can we have a straight forward 6-12 inch early December snowstorm please?

I guess it comes down to personal tastes...but I love highly anomalous set-ups. Very challenging and intriguing.

This blocking is crazy that we are seeing now for the first week of December. Models are going to be suffering quite a bit from this I can imagine,

The -PNA gets so dug out to the SW of the coast that is cuts off and you get a split flow with a PNA ridge by the end of the run. :lol:

I guess it comes down to personal tastes...but I love highly anomalous set-ups. Very challenging and intriguing.

I understand that part and agree....I'm just saying so far ain't adding to much fun up here....

hpc prelim long ranger from this morning offers some hope I think:

"

THE OTHER STRONG POSITIVE ANOMALY IS NEAR THE FAR WRN ALEUTIANS.

THIS TELECONNECTS TO A DOWNSTREAM TROF FROM CANADA TO THE CENTRAL

WEST COAST WITH A BROAD WEAKER DOWNSTREAM TROF IN THE MS VALLEY.

LAST WEEKS LONGER TERM FORECAST BY GFS/ECMWF WHILE MATCHING A N

ATL TELECONNECTION PROVED TO BE TOO PROGRESSIVE WHILE THE WRN

TELECONNECTION DID NOT FIT WELL EITHER. WE CAN CONCLUDE THAT THERE

WILL BE A TRANSITION COMING IN THE LONGER TERM. HOWEVER DAILY

MODELS DO NOT FIT WELL TO EITHER TELECONNECTION BUT FORTUNETLY

THEY BASICALLY AGREE AT LEAST FOR THE NEXT WEEK. USED A BLEND OF

GFS/ECMWF ENS MEANS THROUGH THE PERIOD FOR UPDATED FORECAST PROGS.

A STRONG MID LEVEL TROF AND ASSOCIATED STRONG SFC FRONT WILL MOVE

THRU THE PLAINS DAY 3 MON/MS VALLEY TUES THEN SWEEP THRU THE

APPLCHNS REACHING THE COAST WED. N-S ORIENTED FRONT WITH GOOD LOW

AND MID LEVEL MOISTURE INFLOW/STRONG DYNAMICS WILL BRING HEAVY

FRONTAL RAINS FROM THE LOWER MS VALLEY MONDAY NEWD INTO THE OH

VALLEY TUES AND THRU THE MID ATLC REGION AND NORTHEAST WED.

WESTWARD ON THE BACKSIDE UNDER THE COLD MID LEVEL TROF MDT TO

LOCALLY HEAVY SNOW IS POSSIBLE ACROSS THE UPPER MS VALLEY AND WRN

GREAT LAKES REGION. COLD AIR WILL PENETRATE WELL SOUTH BEHIND THE

FRONT BRINGING THE FIRST WIDESPREAD COLD OUTBREAK WITH FREEZING

TEMPERATURES DEEP INTO THE SOUTH AND TO THE MID ATLC COAST AND

PORTIONS OF THE SOUTHEAST COAST. THIS WILL MODERATE SOMEWHAT AS

FLOW BECOMES MORE ZONAL AGAIN LATE WEEK TO WEEKEND. ANOTHER

OFFSHORE/SANTA ANA EVENT APPEARS TO BE SETTING UP MONDAY AS STRONG

HIGH PRESSURE MOVES INTO THE GREAT BASIN.

I don't like highly anomalous set ups. We had too many of them last year and I ended up with a very warm and well below average snowfall winter. It bothers me to seem them showing up on the models...a lot lately it seems. Can we have a straight forward 6-12 inch early December snowstorm please?

Don't fear them; it may take awhile this season, but they will lead us to the promised land.

Last season was last season and its over.

Hard to tell what the Euro ensembles are doing with the 12/4-12/5 storm but it ain't a Lakes cutter. Looks sort of sheared underneath us with room for redevelopment with a strong -NAO.

By 12/4 we develop a nice little split flow with a GOA low (+EPO) but some +PNA ridging which keeps the SE ridge away.

Well, that is still climo at that point, anyway.....almost there.

climo says hubba dave and will get in as well...even mashed potatoes for kev. ten more days from that us. or do you just wanna see kev dave and will in thongs one more time

but one does get the idea we are finally moving in the right direction.

Archived