Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Friday, January 21st Storm Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh well. Win for the conservative crew.

To be fair, it was modeled to be more robust when you made your map. I'm just saying the way things look now, I'd have a tough time seeing double digit numbers for many. Maybe it changes at 00z, but I think we would need some large changes, and we are getting within 36 hrs of the event.

To be fair, it was modeled to be more robust when you made your map. I'm just saying the way things look now, I'd have a tough time seeing double digit numbers for many. Maybe it changes at 00z, but I think we would need some large changes, and we are getting within 36 hrs of the event.

I wonder if we are back to this southern s/w energy coming in faster than modeled. Remember that event back in Dec. that was modeled to be a bid hit within 48h and went poof as the southern energy scooted offshore?

It seems like many are calling this a complete miss lol.

It was modeled a little more robust, but like Ray was saying, no model actually indicated a solid MECS like I was pushing at. I just saw a set up I really liked and ran with it. Shortwave interaction just not working out this time.

I get screwed almost everytime I'm spontaneous and go more "political" like campaigning for a storm like a few meteorologists do.

It's certainly not going to be 6-12" on the 18z NAM or 15z SREF's. Care to add something to the current discussion other than "You wait and see."?

I am just hoping we dont get a revision from the good Rev.........dont want to see a downward adjustement to 5-10 or 4-8!!:thumbsdown:

Of course it's not on those 2 pieces of crap. garbage in garbage out. Sometimes you have to "see past" the model qpf depiction. Care to do that?

Whose looking at the QPF depiction. I've been paying attention to the 500 maps. The trend has not been your friend for a 6-12" widespread SNE snow event. The 18z NAM, once again, has the rogue s/w out ahead of the main trough that jack things up.

What model do you actually like these days? It seems like you've trashed them all, the Euro included.

I didn't have my hopes up for this one, but if I can pull out 2", I will tie last years total season amount, and be right about average.

What I am scared of, is any cold rain event that may develop next week.

Nothing to worry about next week...if we get an event it's going to be mainly snow

Archived