• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Friday, January 21st Storm Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

I don't blame you... I just think there are going to be some surprises with this one..and if folks are sticking their weenies into every model run they won't see it.

people thought I was crazy when I said 20-30 inches would happen in the snow bomb last week. That's fine. let's just wait and see

yes you got me there. you were dead on. with that you should have said 40. (savoy, ma)

kev what do you think for l"gun to head" lollies on friday ....(i.e 36 hrs away)

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's just an exaggeration Paul. But places like Naugatuck are going to be going to school well into June as it is right now. Never mind the fact that they'll probably have several more snow days.

Won't go into July, but you can lose spring break and even go on Saturdays...happened in some schools after the ice storm a few years ago. Unless the state gives a waiver, you have to have the students there 180 days (in MA anyway).

thats WCVB? i get the RI news channels not familiar with BOS channels, I was just on NWS Taunton's site and there isn't even a HWO out right now. somthings not right here.

Right now this is a straight to advisory event, its been a snowy season and its not like this is the first event...I'd be surprised if Taunton and Upton both don't just go straight to WWAs tomorrow afternoon as opposed to posting a watch in the AM and then making it an advisory later....there is no way watches are going up this afternoon...I'd be blown away.

Snow hero mentality....everyone wants the big storm.

If you forecast 10" and 3-5 is the likely outcome at 36-48 many forecasters will leave intact and hope for the miracle so they can say they were right all along.

It was only 3-6 all day they went more bullish just thought it was odd to do that, they were safe with 3-6 sounds reasonable to boot.

Right now this is a straight to advisory event, its been a snowy season and its not like this is the first event...I'd be surprised if Taunton and Upton both don't just go straight to WWAs tomorrow afternoon as opposed to posting a watch in the AM and then making it an advisory later....there is no way watches are going up this afternoon...I'd be blown away.

Completly agree, its been a snowy winter already no need to up toals just to get more coverage in the media, you say 6-10 people think about closing work/ schools you say 3-6 people b**ch about the tough drive in to work.

. . . dusting to an inch region wide, w/ an inch closer to east Ma. areas.

Funny how we go from crazy snow depths last night to this most likely being a non-event.

Luckily I wasn't expecting much, and with the exception of the rain today and yesterday, the winter has been pretty good to me. For this reason, the firearm remains in the drawer.

Archived