joxey
The Psuhoffman Storm

Ji

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From another thread ... feels like the trend is holding true

The trend in the models for all the "storms" this year seems to be this:

Days 3-7: Look really good...possible WSW type snows. Certainly high WWA level snows.

Day 1-3: Crap the bed. QPF levels cut by factor of 2 or more. Begging for 1" of snow.

Last 18-24hrs: Bring things back just a little.

Some of you guys are going a little overboard. I understand, given the absolute screwjobs we've been getting. Its ok to note the negative tendency of Miller B's, but before taking the 4 day track of a model verbatim now, I would wait to see if the GGEM/Euro/Ensembles show this. Right now, we're close to an inch of QPF with a snow profile. Let's hold for right now.

Some of you guys are going a little overboard. I understand, given the absolute screwjobs we've been getting. Its ok to note the negative tendency of Miller B's, but before taking the 4 day track of a model verbatim now, I would wait to see if the GGEM/Euro/Ensembles show this. Right now, we're close to an inch of QPF with a snow profile. Let's hold for right now.

any other year I might be with you on that Randy, but this year, GFS seems to be leading the way regardless of what the other models show

ya but how did this go from a Miller A to a Miller B so fast? Thats the problem. its 4 days out and its already showing a Miller B.

This is a good depiction of how Miller Bs can actually work out for the region. Clearly the models are still waffling all over the place so no need to get too down or too up on this yet. All models have been awful this year. Verbatim, this was a good run for snow from richmond north. North carolina gets the typical DC snowhole this run.

No offense but you guys have been majorly model hugging over the last 24 hrs. LOL...6 hrs ago you all were mad because it was DEFINETLY going to rain and now it's a completely different track and idea. Guys at this point everything is still on the table...let it play out...for goodness sake! You are 10 times as worse as accuweather...can you guys just try to enjoy the meteorology of this just a little bit?

ya but how did this go from a Miller A to a Miller B so fast? Thats the problem. its 4 days out and its already showing a Miller B.

I'm not so sure it ever was a classic Miller A

look at last night's 0Z run

it shows in these 2 panels that its a northern stream vort that was proged to come way south

this run, it just isn't coming as far south

http://www.nco.ncep.noaa.gov/pmb/nwprod/analysis/namer//gfs/00/gfs_500072090_l.shtml

http://www.nco.ncep.noaa.gov/pmb/nwprod/analysis/namer//gfs/00/gfs_500096114_l.shtml

This is a good depiction of how Miller Bs can actually work out for the region. Clearly the models are still waffling all over the place so no need to get too down or too up on this yet. All models have been awful this year. Verbatim, this was a good run for snow from richmond north. North carolina gets the typical DC snowhole this run.

Agree. We need to stop whining and see where the other models go from here.

Not every miller b hoses us. Just a lot of them. Reading the kocin book at least opened my eyes to the fact that if it re-develops far enough south we have a shot. Yaneverknow.

At the least ian, the pattern sure doesn't want to give us an easy over-running 4 inch storm this year...

valid point on overruning. im just looking for something that wont screw me personally. the 'miller a' bomb probably would, the miller b solution sure leaves that door wide open since 9 out of 10 are not that good here. regardless no one knows wtf is going to happen so not much has changed. there's a chance of precip i guess. :P

You are correct. If it holds that look we will be in good shape.

Yeah IF this does turn out to be a Miller B this isn't a bad starting point for the track. At least it'd be likely we'd make out with some snow if not a lot. But I want to wait on other models before I start thinking of this as another Miller B threat. Fun period of tracking ahead. :popcorn:

My first post, hope I don't get paddled all Dazed and Confused style....

I am not really seeing a hammer in DC, more of a nice .5ish at DCA. MDES looks to get hammered-ish.

That being said, I would CERTAINLY take this run.

Total storm looks to be around .75-.85 DCA, unless I am looking at the wrong map...

Archived