joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
PHL Jan 17-19 Snow/Ice/Rain Storm Obs

am19psu

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The warming will likely be top-down tomorrow... warm air is having no problem surging in aloft based on the 0Z soundings and recent obs, so its a matter of all that warmer liquid water slowly eroding the cold air below. Plus the heat release from the rain freezing will tend to warm the lower atmosphere... which will be fighting against the northeast flow.

The warming will likely be top-down tomorrow... warm air is having no problem surging in aloft based on the 0Z soundings and recent obs, so its a matter of all that warmer liquid water slowly eroding the cold air below. Plus the heat release from the rain freezing will tend to warm the lower atmosphere... which will be fighting against the northeast flow.

It all depends how cold the rain is.(LOL)

Are you attending classes in Villanova or like being around Villanova much? i know John jrodd misses me there but i am further south. I still have moderate snow here.

Yeah I go to college here, so I'm in Villanova for the bulk of the winter. So far I'm happy I was home in CNJ for the Boxing day blizzard, but I think this event may prove more interesting here versus back home (frozen precip wise).

Archived