• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Allentown Lehigh Valley International Airport

Lat: 40.66 Lon: -75.43 Elev: 390

Last Update on Jan 17, 2:51 pm EST

Overcast

23 °F

(-5 °C) Humidity: 44 % Wind Speed: E 6 MPH Barometer: 30.27" (1025.7 mb) Dewpoint: 4 °F (-16 °C) Wind Chill: 16 °F (-9 °C) Visibility: 10.00 mi.

25F in Easton, DP 10

winds have a southerly component; anyone else?

Winds mainly calm here but have noticed an occasionall SE to SW component. I would think with the high now off to east an easterly component is likely. Later once the SLP gains some strength and latitude a more organized wind flow will develop. Key is will it be more easterly or more northerly.

I have a NE wind and light snow falling and the cars already have a dusting on them. This is the storm of the season down here.

wow i assumed those echoes over baltimore were virga. you say it's actually snowing already? seems to me that would mean a much earlier start up here (most are saying not until 12am for these parts)

7:00pm Monday update:

I really think some forecasters are underplaying this event. It's really a classic set up for an icy mess. Temperatures didn't hardly rise today...a sign of the strong cold air damming in place across the region. Also, dew points remain in the singles and teens early this evening, so the air will cool a bit more when precipitation arrives. Still looks like light snow will develop by mid-evening, and become steady before midnight. An inch or two of snow is possible, but the bigger concern is ice build-up on trees, powerlines, and untreated roads...later tonight into midday Tuesday. A 1/4" of ice (perhaps more in spots) is possible by mid-morning Tuesday, as temps only slowly rise towards 32 degrees. The steady precip will likely end around Noon, and so mos--or all--of the event will occur with below freezing temps. Thus, my concern for a pretty significant event the next 18 hours...one that I think deserves a Winter Storm Warning from the NWS (we are only in a lesser "Advisory", though).

http://snowball.millersville.edu/~cws/SpecialWeatherDiscussion.html

Interesting be curios how this all plays out tomorrow.

wow i assumed those echoes over baltimore were virga. you say it's actually snowing already? seems to me that would mean a much earlier start up here (most are saying not until 12am for these parts)

Yes i am 5 miles NW of Baltimore City and it is snowing a little heavier than light right now.

It is also alot colder then i thought it would be it is 25.7 right now.

Archived