Newest Member
    Toothache
NYC Jan 11-12 Miller B Thread Part 2

am19psu

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest stormchaser

The overall position of the storm on the NAM isn't much different, but the heavy precip is significantly northeast when compared to 6z. Tough run for EPA/WNJ. NYC is still over 1.00" liquid.

WNJ is the official screw zone especially this year.Every storm we miss out by just a few miles on the good stuff

interesting that channel 7 bill evans says 12-18 for long island, craig allen says 12-20 - as we know, hes usually the most conservative...but 1010 wins calling for 6-12, with higher on easter long island

Craig Allen's live report at 830 called for 12-20...when he goes for these numbers, thats when i get excited...

The NAM went insane over central Connecticut.. if you can believe.. it is outputting 1.25 - 1.50 inches of precip in 3 hours... not sure what to say about it.. just telling folks what it has.

Well it does look like the heaviest banding sets up over those areas...and with the rapid deepening happening, probably see a mega band putting down 3-4" per hour at times?

Right or wrong, the GFS has been remarkably consistent so I don't anticipate a big jump either way. Although since it has been an outlier even compared to its own ensembles there is still a chance.

now hopefully the 12z GFS comes a bit west so we have a better consensus. No matter how much it is discounted, still would like to have the GFS in line.

<br />12z NAM shows 1.25"-1.50" for all of Queens with the 1.50" line on the Nassau border.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I know.That was a sarcasam post for those who are whining here.I just hope this snow is not as packed and dense as it was for the blizzard.We still have a lot of snow left over from that storm.

I want snow as much as the next guy, but cmon this is cutting it really close, especially considering how much it shifted in 1 run.

nam_p24_024l.gif

Can you take a look at the 00z nam please, and then tell me how much it shifted....you guys took the 6z nam hook line and sinker geeees. the western areas are a little sharper cutoff i understand but all in all discounting the crazy 6z run it is right on pace with previous runs.

Archived