Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Thread Continued

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

fwiw CTP has had MDT at 2-4" for two days.

yep and i'm ok with that. I have seen some of the local TV guys and their percision cast that shows a little more, but generally, i think most of the Harrisburg guys are all very close in their thoughts. Have you seen anything different, i haven't seen them all.

And CTP mentioned needles in their discussion. Ugh. That's what partially screwed in the 2004-2005 storms.

Yeah, no good. We had terrible flakes during the January 22, 2005 storm that crushed Boston and the Cape. Managed 6" pretty quickly but then the snow shut off suddenly and never returned. It never got above 12° or so while it was snowing, but it was like shoveling sand...I don't even know that we managed 10:1 ratios.

Yeah, no good. We had terrible flakes during the January 22, 2005 storm that crushed Boston and the Cape. Managed 6" pretty quickly but then the snow shut off suddenly and never returned. It never got above 12° or so while it was snowing, but it was like shoveling sand...I don't even know that we managed 10:1 ratios.

Yeah, that sucked.

Looks like IPT is going to get it pretty good in the next hour or so. Some nice returns developing and heading that way.

I just had my :arrowhead: moment. I always thought NWS output was by county but now realize it's a much finer grid. What is it, like 3 or 4 miles on a side? So eastern Lancaster County (New Holland for example) has 3 - 5, while western sections (such as Maytown) shows 2 - 4. I guess they take the highest value within a county for the appropriate criteria product to be issued.

Most of you probably knew this already but thought I'd share just in case.

I'm a definite nominee for the DUH Award of the day. :yikes:

yep and i'm ok with that. I have seen some of the local TV guys and their percision cast that shows a little more, but generally, i think most of the Harrisburg guys are all very close in their thoughts. Have you seen anything different, i haven't seen them all.

I haven't seen much of anything. I believe last night that Eric dude from abc27 who's no good said northern Dauphin might see 5". I shouldn't say he's not any good, as actually he's been pretty good the past two years with winter storms.

This is from Ray over on the Philly forum in regards to current sat images: The radar is not looking good to me if you are in the Del Valley. Screaming dry slot... classic Miller B problem.

I seen someone posted:

Henry Margusity posted on Twitter/ FB: "Haven't been to either to check it out"

Models are totally missing the strength of the Ohio storm. Pressure right now is 1013 mb. Models have the pressure at 1016-1020 mb. Implications

could mean the Ohio storm just drudges east down I-80 and picks up the coastal on the way.

Would definitely change things for central Pa.

Pretty steady snow has been falling the last hour, i'd say coming down at about a moderate clip right now. Did have a heavy burst a lil while ago. From what i've seen so far, there some pretty nice flakes falling so when the intensity starts ramping up later it should accumulate pretty efficiently.

Wow, snow picking up here at WITF Jon. How's it over on Cameron? (I assume you know where WITF is).

The pressure is indeed lower than modeled, but wouldn't that create much tighter gradients and arguably really screw someone in the SC corridor out of snow?

Prob. about the same as at WITF. snowing steady. Laying on the cars, but not the streets yet

Archived