Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Thread Continued

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty steady snow has been falling the last hour, i'd say coming down at about a moderate clip right now. Did have a heavy burst a lil while ago. From what i've seen so far, there some pretty nice flakes falling so when the intensity starts ramping up later it should accumulate pretty efficiently.

Yeah, when the first heavier band went through here the flakes were nice after being really small for awhile. I'm figuring most of our accumulation could come from that band pushing east across the Laurels now.

light snow/flurries coming down in flizzard form in york (2 mi e of the city). The neon sign outside my office says 30 degrees. Who's ready to help me will this thing to drop an extra 2 inches??

I grew up in York, so I can do what I can to help York get some snow. scooter.gifSnowman.gif

Heh, I lived right next to the Met Ed complex on the north end of the city, well lit with these yellow orange lights. I would love how they would look in the snow.

Impressive snowband starting to work through with heavy snow falling currently and about an inch on the ground. Also another good snowband working behind it east of Pittsburgh. That should help get us pretty much to the general 2-5 CTP has forecasted, their advisory package is looking good right now. Behind that, we'll see how things go. Def possible as things transfer over that some regeneration happens and potentially keeps us in some more snowfall. Was starting to do the final snowmap this afternoon but some things cropped up and wasn't able to take look at alot of the 12z data... but it was going to have a much bigger 2-4 zone. I'll probably just let the original map ride and see how it goes. Now that the precip has set up, I like my original 2-4 alignment better anyways. Might not see too many 6 inch amounts but my 4-6 range is where the best oppurtunity for some 5 inch amounts or a bit more show up. In general, the whole region should be within a couple inches of each other with the totals (lots of 3-4 inch amounts with some 2's and 5's smattered in).

Original call:

post-1507-0-87101500-1294786239.png

Note: For the far eastern PA 6-8 zone I did want to change that range to 6-10"

Impressive snowband starting to work through with heavy snow falling currently and about an inch on the ground. Also another good snowband working behind it east of Pittsburgh. That should help get us pretty much to the general 2-5 CTP has forecasted, their advisory package is looking good right now. Behind that, we'll see how things go. Def possible as things transfer over that some regeneration happens and potentially keeps us in some more snowfall. Was starting to do the final snowmap this afternoon but some things cropped up and wasn't able to take look at alot of the 12z data... but it was going to have a much bigger 2-4 zone. I'll probably just let the original map ride and see how it goes. Now that the precip has set up, I like my original 2-4 alignment better anyways. Might not see too many 6 inch amounts but my 4-6 range is where the best oppurtunity for some 5 inch amounts or a bit more show up. In general, the whole region should be within a couple inches of each other with the totals (lots of 3-4 inch amounts with some 2's and 5's smattered in).

Original call:

post-1507-0-87101500-1294786239.png

Note: For the far eastern PA 6-8 zone I did want to change that range to 6-10"

Good first map! And solid call.:)

that certainly isn't good news about 83!! my wife is heading home from baltimore when she gets off at 7. anybody have ideas what 83 looks like between york and md line?

Not pretty. I think it is moving at least, but Red Line is where major backlog begins (or had begun an hour ago).

Good luck to your wife, and above all hope her journey is trouble-free.

I remember my old Juniata days.. WOW, Those mountains really did a number on snow. Blue Knob and Chickoree. Both sucked up moisture.

Yea Blue Knob gets good snows off up sloping. Been there several times from my parents cabin in Southern Huntington Co. Even when there is no snow a the cabin go up to blue knob and it snowing and windy.

the snow is only getting heavier here. Anybody have any feedback on how the models and obs are lining up? I'm no rocket scientist (although i have a met degree that collects dust), but seems that BOTH L pres systems are stronger than progged, and i'm wondering how that will pan out for those of us pancaked in the middle. i like the last map MAG posted

Archived