Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA Thread Continued

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen you stick your neck in there every so often...I keep waiting for someone to tell you "since when is Harrisburg, PA in the mid atlantic"...:)

yeah, every so often i just crack the door open and holler in. and they have told me that already and a met stepped in and told them we are Mid-Atl..

ps, i was told its snowing south west of Hbg..

yeah, every so often i just crack the door open and holler in. and they have told me that already and a met stepped in and told them we are Mid-Atl..

ps, i was told its snowing south west of Hbg..

Seems to be snowing (very lightly) now in DC and areas to the south of there, one met in that thread really likes what he's seeing on radar...

what was your 1st call? I couldn't see the image

edit to add....flurries in harrisburg

Western: will pick up 1-3" from the system itself then receive 1-3" of lake effect in the valleys to up to 8-10" in the mountains.

South central: 2-4" will fall here as this area will be stuck between the primary low and the secondary off the coast.

North central: 3-6" due to higher ratios.

Eastern: This area will see the most snow as the secondary gets cranking a puts down 4-8" amounts with as high as 10" possible in the farthest east locations.

You can see all my forecast here.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/AnalystWxCast/130342690362681

It's been snowing lightly but a bit more than flurries here in Harrisburg for a good 20-30 minutes. It's closer to flurries but a bit more brisk.

Not a flake here as of yet, in fact, the sun is back out peeking through the clouds.

Lots of anger in both the mid atlantic and philly threads. Some people are on the bridge, out of their cars,and walking to the ledge...

Lots of anger in both the mid atlantic and philly threads. Some people are on the bridge, out of their cars,and walking to the ledge...

Yeah, it's not pretty over there. Just think of the man-hours burned on a low single digit snow and the crushing realization of getting hosed again. Ah, the life of a weenie...

Speaking of hosed, we're looking kinda high and dry at the moment. El zippo in terms of flake-age here in Manheim so far.

Looking at recent radar, western 1/3 of PA gets the OH version, eastern 1/4 gets the coastal, and we are in the proverbial squadoosh zone.

Yeah, it's not pretty over there. Just think of the man-hours burned on a low single digit snow and the crushing realization of getting hosed again. Ah, the life of a weenie...

Speaking of hosed, we're looking kinda high and dry at the moment. El zippo in terms of flake-age here in Manheim so far.

Looking at recent radar, western 1/3 of PA gets the OH version, eastern 1/4 gets the coastal, and we are in the proverbial squadoosh zone.

That could so happen. If it does, I'll enjoy my relatively stress-free drive to work tomorrow.

Anyone follow Joe Lundberg from Accu Weather? He is NOT a hypester by any stretch of the imagination, he will down play a snow storm every chance he gets. Well, in his blog yesterday, he went with a 10-20 inch storm for the I95 corridor up to NE. I thought it was pretty gutsy myself, especially coming from him. He updated today, and said his concern is that he UNDER did his numbers...clearly, Joe is really impressed with what is about to transpire to our north and east.

That could so happen. If it does, I'll enjoy my relatively stress-free drive to work tomorrow.

Anyone follow Joe Lundberg from Accu Weather? He is NOT a hypester by any stretch of the imagination, he will down play a snow storm every chance he gets. Well, in his blog yesterday, he went with a 10-20 inch storm for the I95 corridor up to NE. I thought it was pretty gutsy myself, especially coming from him. He updated today, and said his concern is that he UNDER did his numbers...clearly, Joe is really impressed with what is about to transpire to our north and east.

Really? I don't follow him at all. He is saying that, yet weeinies are committing mass suicide

Really? I don't follow him at all. He is saying that, yet weeinies are committing mass suicide

Yep, he's a great met, and openly admits he doesn't really care for the snow or cold. He used to post in here occasionally on Eastern, but haven't seen him yet since the move. It'd be great to have his insight here in addition to our other fine line of red taggers.

Yep, he's a great met, and openly admits he doesn't really care for the snow or cold. He used to post in here occasionally on Eastern, but haven't seen him yet since the move. It'd be great to have his insight here in addition to our other fine line of red taggers.

I know him from working with him and been trying to get him here.

NWS just bumped us down to 2 - 4. Dewpoint is 19 so have a ways to go before anything reaches the ground. The radar echoes from the south really diminish as they reach the M/D line.

Did spot a couple of micro-flakes just now but are few and far between.

Gave the kids a 90% chance of least a 2-hour delay tomorrow. I may need to adjust my probability.

NWS just bumped us down to 2 - 4. Dewpoint is 19 so have a ways to go before anything reaches the ground. The radar echoes from the south really diminish as they reach the M/D line.

Did spot a couple of micro-flakes just now but are few and far between.

Gave the kids a 90% chance of least a 2-hour delay tomorrow. I may need to adjust my probability.

They knocked the Maytown zone down to 2-4 around 7am this morning.

Archived