joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 9-10 Winter Storm Obs Thread II

Isopycnic

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know. I wouldn't be surprised to see 5 or 6" by tomorrow morning, at least for me. This has been a complete surprise for me. About 4 pm I was calling it quits, now Im at 3.5". Gotta love NC's winters!

Something went BANG in the Triad after 4pm, and it has been one shocking ride ever since! The very cold temps in the Triad (low to mid 20s) must have played a role in maximizing the accumulations.

How are the roads? I am leaving LGA and landing in RDU at 11:00pm?

I can only speak for my area here. They are not snow or sleet covered, but there is a layer of sleet on my neighborhood road and it looks wet, but when I walked out to it, it felt slick. They will only get worse, and there will at least be icy patches around by 11.

Looks like there is a band streaming over Shelby and Cleveland County coming up from Greenville. CLT looks clear now.

My Dr.'s office just called to cancel my appointment that was 8am tomorrow. She said they were on a 2hr delay. I told her i didnt think 2 hrs was going to make a difference. She didnt get it. hah

The road conditions in my neighborhood have gotten pretty bad. Completely covered in either sleet or where it was wet earlier has frozen over. Its crunchy and slick all over and its just going to get get worse overnight. I imagine tomorrow morning will greet me with just one frozen over mess without too much white around.

Archived