Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
January 9-10 Winter Storm Obs Thread II

Isopycnic

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Many will recognize this "world famous" landmark on the border of North Carolina and South Carolina :snowman: Sent to me by my dad and brother returning to Virginia after a 3 day fishing trip with me.

Jetstreak

:)

Wow. Never thought I'd see the day the Holy Sombrero had that much snow on it!

I'm happy for the SC folks. I lived in Columbia for 7 1/2 years (1997-2004) and I think we maybe had three accumulating snows total in those seven years, that I can remember anyway. I don't think combined they'd all add up to what CAE's gotten hit with from this storm!

Observation in RTP: Cloudy, 33F, 40% chance of falling weenies.

3.8" !! Good Gawd. I guess our snow day in the Triad was delayed until Tuesday. There goes my week!

Regardless......bring it on! Snowing nickle size flakes. Moderate.....

They are showing 4.7" for me. I would love to see that, but that most likely isn't going to happen. On the bright side I have .6" of an inch. That's better than nothing. Still a real steady snowfall.

Amazing to me and in La Nina to boot...Chatt has a very short La Nina Snow history...I certainly won't complain...this is once a generation snow down here...

A couple more pics...

Nice pics. About those winter forecasts, not quite right were they? lol. It's stunning to me how wrong so many people were. Makes me think a lot of the long range forecast guys need to go back to the drawing board. This winter has been the total opposite of what everyone was forecasting.

Anywho, heavy freezing drizzle continues. Nice glaze on everything and the trees have a fair amount on them.

post-12-0-07257300-1294691825.jpg

post-12-0-82618400-1294692182.jpg

Archived