Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Inverted Trough/ Redeveloper Disco Jan 7-9 - Part III

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have to let the event play out. The models ended up correct with the qpf, and overall did a fairly good job imo. They indicated the times and areas that would get hit hard, and were correct. I think the "heaviest" snow was just west of you..but you can't pinpoint mesoscale screw zones or jackpots. Even last night, I went to bed being a little unsure of what would happen from BOS south, but after watching the radar trends and noticing how models swung that area of lift down to the sw and south....I mentioned to just see how it all played out.

I'm not doubting you in the least but this was in the AFD this morning...

THE MODELS HAVE NOT SERVED US WELL

LATELY...SO HAVE SOME SKEPTICISM THAT SOMETHING DIFFERENT MAY

HAPPEN.

I think the models may have been right with liquid qpf here but we sure got screwed with the forecasted frozen form. Only just under an inch.

25F

Just about 5.5 inches of new snow on the ground.

(posting totals here beacause I don't really see an obs thread for this)

As much bitching, moaning, and noose tightening I was doing Friday, and Saturday over my massive 1", the 6.5" total for the 3 day period seems to be right in line with at least one of the forecast maps from Friday (ending this morning).

Nice to see a good 6" on the ground that wasn't blowing all over the place.

Nice dude...AWT... 8 inch 2 day total here...bootylicious

I'm not doubting you in the least but this was in the AFD this morning...

THE MODELS HAVE NOT SERVED US WELL

LATELY...SO HAVE SOME SKEPTICISM THAT SOMETHING DIFFERENT MAY

HAPPEN.

I think the models may have been right with liquid qpf here but we sure got screwed with the forecasted frozen form. Only just under an inch.

Well I think they were expressing their thoughts for the system that's beyond three days out. In that case, yes models have struggled.

Yesterday was the epitome of my weenie hood, wake up check models, look at stats from the death squall, sledding, beer, UCONN BBall, constant radar model checks, more beer football, heavy heavy snow, Euro check bed.

LOL same here. Was out at a party last night watching both Drew Brees and Payton Manning's teams fail. Nothing more satisfying than a Payton Manning FAIL. Kept looking out the window, and stepping out side. The wives went out and made snow angels at about 10:30 in the thick of it all.

4-5 at exit 9. Almost nothing less than an inch along rte 6 for the western 40% of that road. After Barnstable harbor exit 6 it builds instantly.

If you forecast 2-4 west of exit 6 you busted Along rte 6.

Not a death match I already conceded that there is no better poster at forecasting an event after it's over than Phil. :)

4-5 at exit 9. Almost nothing less than an inch along rte 6 for the western 40% of that road. After Barnstable harbor exit 6 it builds instantly.

Not a death match I already conceded that there is no better poster at forecasting an event after it's over than Phil. :)

if you said nothing anywhere...you busted.

you busted. sorry dude. game over. no biggie.

post-218-0-33967200-1294582545.png

post-218-0-34415200-1294582557.png

I really hope you are kidding because in reality it just is not the case. Do you ever go to Phil's site? I occassionally do and he seems to do a fine job.

BDL has lost their marbles, throw the total out.

What do you have for the season? I grew up near Tunxis on the Bristol/Farmington line, youre pretty close to there? Did you break twenty inches yet?

LOL about BDL...maybe they will get three feet on Wed, i think they measure every half hour or something

Archived