• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Inverted Trough/ Redeveloper Disco Jan 7-9 - Part III

Baroclinic Zone

Ha! I was about to say the same thing ... just finished reading from midnight onwards. Accusations and allegations. Waiting to hear questions about family ancestry.

I got 0.2" out of this, btw.

LOL, this is a good primer for the intra-regional rivalry that is brewing WRT the upcoming storm. "In our feature match we present the lowly Flatlanders vs. The lofty Interiors"

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL, this is a good primer for the intra-regional rivalry that is brewing WRT the upcoming storm. "In our feature match we present the lowly Flatlanders vs. The lofty Interiors"

Do not be starting any sh it at our party, I will cut you off LOL

Funny all regional threads have a banter thread now, NJ Hurricane phail SNE rocks. Big Big winter 95/96 70/71 92/93 lalalalock it up

What do you have for the season? I grew up near Tunxis on the Bristol/Farmington line, youre pretty close to there? Did you break twenty inches yet?

LOL about BDL...maybe they will get three feet on Wed, i think they measure every half hour or something

Total is 15.9" here and that includes last nights 0.7". I guess I'm about 6 miles or so NW of there.

I wish I could measure like BDL, I'd have 35" easy. Slanted ruler in a drift FTW!

does this seem a little high to anyone from last nite

WINDSOR LOCKS 3.3 700 AM 1/09 BDL ARPT VIA ANG

i mean kev had about 4 and was in the heavier bands per radar.

also kev i bet if you drove a few miles ESE to extreme eastern part of county they may have scorded 5.5 or 6....for about 2 hours last nite some heavier echos were just to your east (east of 84 by a mile or mayb two)

Do not be starting any sh it at our party, I will cut you off LOL

Funny all regional threads have a banter thread now, NJ Hurricane phail SNE rocks. Big Big winter 95/96 70/71 92/93 lalalalock it up

LOL, First off, if NJ Hurricane isn't an oxy-moron I don't what is. How about 'MiamiBlizzard'? Of course there are banter threads and should be. We are social animals, how preposterous to feel we shouldn't banter back and forth. This Winter is definitely shaping up the way I (we) had envisioned. I said a week or so ago I thought we were going into a period where we'd see the storm threats come at us with a stacatto rythm and that seems to be what is underway now. Would really like to see an all encompassing monster blanket NE South to North. MRG is hurting but things will turn on a dime. I think that this year will just continue to ratchet up the snow threats. Big Winter, Big big Winter.

if you said nothing anywhere...you busted.

you busted. sorry dude. game over. no biggie.

post-218-0-33967200-1294582545.png

post-218-0-34415200-1294582557.png

I said a dusting to 2". That's apparently what the western 1/3 of the cape got. I'm in Orleans now and it's 2 and it drops to 1 at the eastham

Visitors center. If you forecast more than 2" for a huge portion of the cape along rte 6 you busted.

I never changed late from the dusting after downplaying it all day. A narrow stripe maybe 10-15 miles wide got more than that. I made one statement that it could end up being next to nothing. I can see grass pretty cleanly here, and everywhere west of about exit 6.

If you accurately forecast that band over your house you are the bomb. But don't paint this as a widespread 2-4 like you did earlier that's just not the case

BDL may measure 30" for Wednesday's storm. Got a spotter report from East Granby (no more than a mile from BDL) or 0.5" and they measure 3.3". I don't get it.

Over 1" here in West Hartford... nice to see everything covered with a fresh coating.

Its even funnier if you look at the current daily climo report where it says 6.1" :axe:

But yeah the 3.3" is yet another knee slapper. That might be what the current snowdepth is maybe but certainly not what fell based on radar and visibilities coming from the ASOS.

I said a dusting to 2". That's apparently what the western 1/3 of the cape got. I'm in Orleans now and it's 2 and it drops to 1 at the eastham

Visitors center. If you forecast more than 2" for a huge portion of the cape along rte 6 you busted.

I never changed late from the dusting after downplaying it all day. A narrow stripe maybe 10-15 miles wide got more than that. I made one statement that it could end up being next to nothing. I can see grass pretty cleanly here, and everywhere west of about exit 6.

If you accurately forecast that band over your house you are the bomb. But don't paint this as a widespread 2-4 like you did earlier that's just not the case

Lol...yep greater than 2" for a large chunk of the population. Spot totals of 5.

Forget it man. I'm done...I think everyone reading understands. The fact that you drove with a ruler kind of speaks volumes about you vs me.

Its even funnier if you look at the current daily climo report where it says 6.1" :axe:

But yeah the 3.3" is yet another knee slapper. That might be what the current snowdepth is maybe but certainly not what fell based on radar and visibilities coming from the ASOS.

Yeah no way. Have 2 reports from near them of less than an inch. 3.3" is totally bogus.

Marconi up in wellfleet looks to have about an inch but around the wellfleet flea market it's closer to 2"

Down through eastham by blackbeards it's 1-2". Its variable the yard at the Eastham visitors center is 1", the nauset beach area is 1ish. The orleans rotary 1-2 grass blades visible. About 2" maybe a little more at the Orleans exit. That's the eastern extent of the heavier stuff. It builds as noted until just east of rte 6. Harwich exit is 2-4". The eastern cutoff is gradual, sharp on the west side.

West of rte 6 along the whole stretch to the canal it appears to be sub 2".

Up to about exit 3 on rte 3 it's 1-2 maybe a smidge more.

Remember this is specifically along rte 6 only. But I think it gives a decent indication that a lot of the cape were in the 1-2" range, maybe .5 to 3" would be what fits for a huge portion of the cape. Aside of the neat band by Phil.

These aren't scientific measurements. Will post a time laps of photos as I drove (stopped). The gradient is cool.

Lol...yep greater than 2" for a large chunk of the population. Spot totals of 5.

Forget it man. I'm done...I think everyone reading understands. The fact that you drove with a ruler kind of speaks volumes about you vs me.

Yeah the last thing anyone wants is measurements and photos. What a horrible guy for providing useful information for verification purposes when I had to take the run anyway.

A huge portion of the cape got an inch or 2, some less. Some got more with spot 6". One good band.

Paint it how you want. You were the one talking about busts now you don't like it when someone talks about your bust.

does this seem a little high to anyone from last nite

WINDSOR LOCKS 3.3 700 AM 1/09 BDL ARPT VIA ANG

i mean kev had about 4 and was in the heavier bands per radar.

also kev i bet if you drove a few miles ESE to extreme eastern part of county they may have scorded 5.5 or 6....for about 2 hours last nite some heavier echos were just to your east (east of 84 by a mile or mayb two)

IT IS HIGH AND SO IS EVERYONE WHO HAS BEEN TAKING MEASUREMENTS OVER THERE!!!!!

THIS STUFF HAS BEEN GOING ON PERIODICALLY SINCE THE EARLY 90S.

I do not know why it bothers me so much but it does. When I lived in central ct I also used to get so annoyed with a certain cheif met at nbc 30 who used to over inflate snow totals and over forecast snow amounts and then when one place verified he would make it sound like that is what everyone got.

Yeah the last thing anyone wants is measurements and photos. What a horrible guy for providing useful information for verification purposes when I had to take the run anyway.

A huge portion of the cape got an inch or 2, some less. Some got more with spot 6". One good band.

Paint it how you want. You were the one talking about busts now you don't like it when someone talks about your bust.

Lol. Ok

17.7" Stafford Springs, CT

I spoke with a buddy on the Springfield/East Longmeadow border and he said that he had 10.9" after yesterday's 3". I'm not sure what he got today.

that is where I live but I do not clean the board off or anything like that..but he is much more in the ball park of what I have measured..I had two and a half yesterday, I had one inch from last nights stuff.

that is where I live but I do not clean the board off or anything like that..but he is much more in the ball park of what I have measured..I had two and a half yesterday, I had one inch from last nights stuff.

I'm "old fashioned" in that I measure right after the storm is done in an area I know is just from the current event. I don't think it's statistically right to clear a board every 6 hours in an event and compare it to measurements taken years ago when it was the storm total. I know that you can measure every 6 hours, but I just don't do it. I started keeping records in 1985 (have some before that) and I try to keep things consistent. My friend does too.

Lol. Ok

I'm at ccc rIght now, maybe 2". The heavier stuff starts a mile east and extends to a mile east of exit 11. There is almost 7" just east of exit 8.

The courthouse in Orleans is an inch or so. Everything west of exit 6 gets lighter. The entire elbow of the cape and the islands is an inch or two which you said your parents got in eastham.

A 15 mile stretch of rte 6 got more in one band. Thats the way it is.

It'd be nice if you could leave the disguised personal attacks to a minimum. I took a ride I had to make anyway. Do you criticize all those that storm chase or just those that refute your claims?

I'm "old fashioned" in that I measure right after the storm is done in an area I know is just from the current event. I don't think it's statistically right to clear a board every 6 hours in an event and compare it to measurements taken years ago when it was the storm total. I know that you can measure every 6 hours, but I just don't do it. I started keeping records in 1985 (have some before that) and I try to keep things consistent. My friend does too.

I do the same thing. I can see a few instances where an inch or two might be allowed extra to compensate for compating during a long duration event but most of the time I feel this over inflates totals. Even in the mid atlantic last year, no one will ever dispute the historic storms they had but i wonder how many of those thirty inch totals were from storms that never produced a depth greater than two feet? If by clearing the board someone is able to tack on an extra six or eight inches, at what point does this lend its self to just increasing the sensationalism behind these storms??

When at the end of a storm someone goes outside and gets an average depth of eighteen plus inches, they have had a gaint snow storm. Even in the NYC thread for the boxing day blizzard there were posts from people who measure like you describe who were hammered by that mega band and reported in with average depths of twenty to twenty four inches while board clearers measured sig more.(30 inch range).

Archived