Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Inverted Trough/ Redeveloper Disco Jan 7-9 - Part III

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

maybe i should have let it go unsaid but sometimes things need to be mentioned i think.

people who actually have a stake in the game put *a lot* of time in to trying to get this stuff right...from tv guys to nws to private sector folks.

things do bust sometimes. that's the way it goes. but this event really didn't for the most part and reading ad nauseam how awful the forecast was blah blah gets old and tiresome. if someone wants to say something about bad forecasts...that is totally fine and welcomed...but the point can literally be made in one simple post. you don't need 25 posts saying it (plus, it makes you look like a fool when you are wrong).

Well put.

3" here.

Models are very interesting in the 11-15 day. Looks like heights want to pump up over the east. Verbatim the boundary is just offshore and would probably yield a few periods of wintry wx, but it's close. Lets hope heights don't get pumped up more.

That keeps getting pushed back a day,IDK, NAO might have something to say about it.

That keeps getting pushed back a day,IDK, NAO might have something to say about it.

NAO is not really there. It's the PV in Hudson Bay that is trying to have a say in this pattern. The -NAO is more noticeable on the GFS, but overall the increased heights are just east and northeast of Nova Scotia.

At least they're on the deck and not in the garage or basement. I never keep a filled tank around..just for that fear of explosion lol

People who store gasoline, propane in their attached garages face tragedy often,

The term is way way overused but this is a classic Archambault event coming up , rising NAO. Tip special

:lol: 2 of them are empty. don't grill much at all actually. just always like to have back-up around. hate having parties and having the tank run empty when you have a ton of food on the grill. made that mistake once.

Yep had the disastah of running out with a full rack of ribs on, had to run out and get more, ribs cooled not done, then got chewy when reheated

:lol: 2 of them are empty. don't grill much at all actually. just always like to have back-up around. hate having parties and having the tank run empty when you have a ton of food on the grill. made that mistake once.

I always keep a spare, but I grill a lot...though lately not much. I love winter grilling. Heavy heavy coats with heavy heavy winter lager ,and heavy heavy snowpack.

Sweet, wind yet? just starting to see trees rustle a bit. Tonight should be cranking

it's been windy since maybe 10 or 11 last night...not extreme...just 25 to 30 knot type gusts. now that it's light out...can see how hvy / wet the snow is. caked on everything. looks very nice out there. new snowblower for xmas gets fired up this morning!

Some decent blowing snow/drifting going on this morning. cold too 18.3

Goona take the girls ice skating later today on the pond down the hill.

Winter at its finest..What this weenieness is all about

true story. love these kind of days...especially when it's not followed by torch and is followed by more snow on the horizon and an overall active winter pattern...and not march.

Archived