Total Members
    Most Online
    vokive3692
    Newest Member
    vokive3692
Inverted Trough/ Redeveloper Disco Jan 7-9 - Part III

Baroclinic Zone

Thanks!

THe RUC actually wasn't bad. It's had most of the day the death band and gradually placed it right. It's been absolutely consistent in getting the cCB nowhere near us.

Jets v Patriots.

BTW, I'm not sure there's any defending keeping the warning out for the Cape, but that's just me.

They didn't...went 3 to 5 advisory

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One neat non-weather related aspect of this snow I just saw for the first time...

Just let the family pooch out for some las tminute business (after watching the movie Inception - very good)...

On our walkway, a mole, mouse, or something made a tunnel in the snow (1.5" - correction, about 1.0" - of new) and it made a cool raised feature.

I took a pic that maybe tom. I will post...

GN and enjoy what ya got!

Euro would verify well if that happens...it actually showed most of the Cape QPF after 06z while the stuff in the interior was between 00z and 06z.

Hey like I said...wait until all is said and done. It might not be a bust.

I had it wrong they downgraded at 1052, the warning was just refreshed for RI:

.NEAR TERM /UNTIL 6 AM SUNDAY MORNING/...

-- Changed Discussion --HAVE GONE AHEAD AND DOWNGRADED WINTER STORM WARNINGS TO ADVISORIES

ACROSS SOUTH COASTAL MA...CAPE COD AND THE ISLANDS. MID LEVEL DRY

AIR HAS LIMITED THE AREAL COVERAGE OF THE PRECIPITATION AND A WARM

BOUNDARY LAYER HAS ALLOWED FOR SOME RAIN. WE DO EXPECT TO SEE THE

POTENTIAL FOR 2 TO 5 INCHES OF SNOW BETWEEN 6Z AND 12Z AS THE MID

LEVEL LOW THROWS SOME OMEGA INTO THE REGION.

WE DID LEAVE THE WARNING UP FOR COASTAL RHODE ISLAND FOR 4 TO 8

INCHES OF SNOW. MODERATE TO HEAVY SNOW WILL CONTINUE TO AFFECT THE

REGION FOR A FEW MORE HOURS...ESPECIALLY DOWN IN SOUTHWEST

WASHINGTON COUNTY.

IN ADDITION...WE INCLUDED EASTERN HAMPDEN COUNTY IN THE ADVISORY AS

25 TO 30 DBZ RETURNS HAVE BEEN AFFECTING THE REGION AND WILL

CONTINUE FOR ANOTHER COUPLE HOURS. ALSO...THE HEAVY SNOW IN TOLLAND

AND WINDHAM COUNTIES MAY ALLOW FOR A FEW 6 OR 7 INCH AMOUNTS.

HOWEVER...SINCE ITS MARGINAL AND ACTIVITY SHOULD BE WINDING DOWN

SHORTLY AFTER 6Z WILL LEAVE IT AS AN ADVISORY.-- End Changed Discussion --

J.R richards channel 7 .....guess he didn't want to update the accums map so that RI and E ct get there dues....he has 1-3 over that entire area...yet 3-5 back by CC bridge still and s. coast

You mean Jeremy Reiner. JR Richard was a very good pitcher for the Astros but his career was shortened at the age of 30 because of some sort of injury.

Reiner is being lazy with his forecast. You'd think considering how competitive the tv market is in this awful economy that he'd be busting his butt studying the radar and surface obs and realize the Cape is not gonna jackpot with this storm.

You mean Jeremy Reiner. JR Richard was a very good pitcher for the Astros but his career was shortened at the age of 30 because of some sort of injury.

Reiner is being lazy with his forecast. You'd think considering how competitive the tv market is in this awful economy that he'd be busting his butt studying the radar and surface obs and realize the Cape is not gonna jackpot with this storm.

Lazy because he totally blew the CT totals and SW RI. He was pretty clear it's mostly over here aside of another coating to an inch or two.

I feel bad for all the kids down here. All they heard about was snow potential all week from teachers tv etc, they all went to bed tonight with sleds ready for the morning. Poor batsards.

Dude! Ryan just gave me a shout out on TV

Ryan really pumping Wed, wow most excited I have ever seen him, says maybe three storms in five days

I went sledding in Norwich today, sick they had ten and getting pummeled right now

yeah how can you not be pumped with all these snow threats... this is awesome!

I have 2 1/2 inches and still some steady light snow, winds picking up too, looking at radar it doesnt look like there much more for my area tonight.

Yeah I think we are generally done...might have to watch if any of the leftover stuff headed toward NE MA gets here, but I think it would be fairly minor. I have about 2" here, snow is only spitting now. I'll probably go measure in a bit but it should be around 2" as I had 1.7" like an hour ago and its been fairly light since then.

I just want to see BOS mark down 0.1" tonight. Something...

well the composite radar is lighting up ....so weenie flakes in the air for everyone.

just as the "band" may show signs of weakening over next frame or two it should get re-invigorated by the moisture coming in right NOW thru the boston area on the composite loop. this moisture is headed nearly due W to E

Yeah I think we are generally done...might have to watch if any of the leftover stuff headed toward NE MA gets here, but I think it would be fairly minor. I have about 2" here, snow is only spitting now. I'll probably go measure in a bit but it should be around 2" as I had 1.7" like an hour ago and its been fairly light since then.

will i think there is a decent shot the area of snow petering out gets a boost from the incoming moisture that it actually blossoms decently for an hour or two just after midnite.

Archived