WRN HALF OF THE SPREAD. WITH ENSEMBLE MEANS OFFERING THE BEST

CONTINUITY AMONG GUIDANCE SO FAR... PREFER TO LEAN MORE TOWARD THE

00Z GEFS/12Z ECMWF MEANS WITH ABOUT 1/3 WEIGHTING OF THE GFS TO

PROVIDE SOME ADDED STRENGTH FROM DAY 5 TUE ONWARD. IT IS HOPED

THAT WITH A LARGER PROPORTION OF THE SUPPORTING ENERGY CROSSING A

MAJORITY OF THE CONUS VERSUS ENTERING THE CONUS FROM CANADA WHERE

MDLS HAVE MORE DIFFICULTY RESOLVING SHRTWV FEATURES... THAT THIS

SYSTEM WILL ULTIMATELY HAVE SOMEWHAT BETTER PREDICTABILITY THAN

PRECEDING SYSTEMS AFFECTING THE EAST COAST.

http://www.hpc.ncep....epd/preepd.html

Because it hasn't been reliable this winter. Almost unusable past day 5

Well the weather pattern certainly hasn't been an easy one for the models to handle, I don't know what the verification scores are up through now for the Euro or other models but it just seems all the models have had a tough handle, throw in an incredibly strong -NAO/-AO and that further complicates things.

This one will probably either be a hit (potentially a big one) or something that goes wide right. I really think we either get pounded or get nothing at all...no middle ground.

I don't think that it will whiff.....I'm sticking to my cc canal-ACK track for now, but the trend for the blocking to hold on for a longer duration is concerning me.

I hope this doesn't trend to another BM, immediate shore circle-jerk.

I hate those storms in which the cf never clears Boston and the immediate n shore.

I don't think that it will whiff.....I'm sticking to my cc canal-ACK track for now, but the trend for the blocking to hold on for a longer duration is concerning me.

I hope this doesn't trend to another BM, immediate shore circle-jerk.

I hate those storms in which the cf never clears Boston and the immediate n shore.

The blocking is certainly concerning, considering the role we have seen the blocking play the past few years I'm a little hesitant to go against its powers.

I'm sick of it....it has done nothing but hurt me and has yet to help.

I certainly hope it goes away, it certainly hasn't really helped us. Actually I'm a little worried for the long-term, looks like the pattern will remain potentially active for the next 7-10 days but if some of the long range signals are correct we are about to see some big time blocking and some brutal cold...brutal cold and dry...the jet stream would probably be suppressed down into TX :lol:

I certainly hope it goes away, it certainly hasn't really helped us. Actually I'm a little worried for the long-term, looks like the pattern will remain potentially active for the next 7-10 days but if some of the long range signals are correct we are about to see some big time blocking and some brutal cold...brutal cold and dry...the jet stream would probably be suppressed down into TX :lol:

All I ask is for one good storm beforehand, then release the arctic hounds.

It is time for an old fashioned New England snowstorm. Enough of relying on coastals and redeveloper hanging by the end of our finger storms. Just a low the moves in from the sw just south of the area, slows a bit and taps some atlantic moisuture, lasts for 12 hours and leaves 8 or 9 inches.

Apparently some signs of NAO relaxing on the overnight guidance....I would welcome this, assuming that it will build back in at some point.

Stepping back from what has seemed like a great pattern, I live near Concord NH and have had 13 inches of snow and exactly one snowstorm by Jan 7. The worst year since I moved here 3 years ago. No prospect to exceed 20 inches by mid month.

I believe this will change in a big way, but not until the pattern really shifts.

There...I got it out. Back to finding ways to get more than 4 inches this weekend

It is time for an old fashioned New England snowstorm. Enough of relying on coastals and redeveloper hanging by the end of our finger storms. Just a low the moves in from the sw just south of the area, slows a bit and taps some atlantic moisuture, lasts for 12 hours and leaves 8 or 9 inches.

Apparently some signs of NAO relaxing on the overnight guidance....I would welcome this, assuming that it will build back in at some point.

Stepping back from what has seemed like a great pattern, I live near Concord NH and have had 13 inches of snow and exactly one snowstorm by Jan 7. The worst year since I moved here 3 years ago. No prospect to exceed 20 inches by mid month.

I believe this will change in a big way, but not until the pattern really shifts.

There...I got it out. Back to finding ways to get more than 4 inches this weekend

Pretty bold statement I'd say.

Whats my shot at getting 7 more inches by Jan 15? Either this next inv trof overperforms or the next week coastal gets far enough up here. Both are iffy I think.

Now, after the 15th....that is a different deal. My over under is 40 by Jan 31.

I'd say it is way, way, way too soon to be worried about next week's storm. So much will change on that. I think a couple, three inches is a good lock for the weekend event and then we see what happens next week. I believe good things are in store.

I'd say it is way, way, way too soon to be worried about next week's storm. So much will change on that. I think a couple, three inches is a good lock for the weekend event and then we see what happens next week. I believe good things are in store.

Yes I am with you Eric. I was just stepping back and saying "damn!" Good things definitely in store. We score between Jan 15-31 in a big way.

I would not get to amped up for up here as far as Miller A's go, I won't get into it again but we usually have a very hard time getting a decent one here never mind being in the Jackpot, There will have to be a lot of people that are getting RN south of here for that to work out..........

The GFS is a very frustring model, but entirely predictable at this range. I still say it runs the coast. GFS looked like this with the Boxing Day storm until it finally caught on. This one probably tracks somewhat west of that one.

Yeah it could..just saying what it shows. Still lots of time with that one.

Archived