• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Coastal Storm Potential - Jan 11-12

Baroclinic Zone

Be prepared to be disappointed if you are putting any stock in that system for the time being... Regardless of what those products are indicating, the correction vector does not favor a stem wound slow mover.

The height distribution throughout the lower MV-Gulf and SW Atlanic Basin isn't configured properly for trough amplitude near the MA.

It is interesting to me that the models persistently do this. They model heights around 582 over MIA with 50-70kts of wind over the entire SE 500mb surface, and then try to run a trough through there while deepening it - clue: almost never works out.

:weenie:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm concerned about what John said.....DT feels the same way; it's easy to slap him with a weenie en route to whacking it to the 18z GFS, but I see no rebuttal to his analysis.

The 18z GFS doesn't even look impressive to me....looks like another inverted trough of fail.

EC and GFS ens are encouraging.

0Z GFS is a coastal hit......nice to see the operational buckle under the weight of the Nogaps lol

Still looks pretty weak on the GFS...it does get some modest precip into the region. I'd rather see it look more like the NAM did at 84h.

Archived