Newest Member
    amirah5
NYC/PHL Dec 26-27 Boxing Day Blizzard Part 9

NickD2011

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Patrick

Thinking I am in the sweet spot....but i don't trust my own measurements with this wind. I'll let a local trained spotter report =)

THe band pivoting through NYC/Hudson County is on my doorstep now... any lightning with that?

Thinking someone in NJ or west of NYC is gonna see 30 inches. That crazy band isn't moving much.

Enjoy it guys! I admit I'm jealous though. :)

Well over 20 inches now. Less than 7 inches away from the big daddy greatest total.

thats awesome! what a turn of events! Happy for you guys up North..

Here in philly, sitting under a pretty band :-) it's prob gonna put us over 10", and maybe 12..that';; be cutting it close though

Well over 20 inches now. Less than 7 inches away from the big daddy greatest total.

Man- you deserve it John... You forecasted this storm so well... I only have about 11" out here on Long Island... It's like a run of the mill snowstorm here... If that band ever gets here and sits - we'll end up w/ 2 feet..

Shades of '06 going on now... NYC gets blasted by ridiculous snow rates!

Thinking I am in the sweet spot....but i don't trust my own measurements with this wind. I'll let a local trained spotter report =)

THe band pivoting through NYC/Hudson County is on my doorstep now... any lightning with that?

Haven't had a flash of lightning in a couple of hours. I am pretty much under that band. Interestingly the winds aren't gusting like they were with earlier bands.

Guest Patrick

Thanks for the response...

I'm surprised...winds just picked up here again(not that they have slacked off at all in the past few hours). I keep thinking the bands are dying out, but this won't quit!

Haven't had a flash of lightning in a couple of hours. I am pretty much under that band. Interestingly the winds aren't gusting like they were with earlier bands.

Thanks for the response...

I'm surprised...winds just picked up here again(not that they have slacked off at all in the past few hours). I keep thinking the bands are dying out, but this won't quit!

Don't get me wrong, they are still gusting. It may be picking up again as I type this. How much snow do you have? Here on the cliffs it is too treacherous for me to attempt to go out and measure

Archived