northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
NYC/PHL Dec 26-27 Boxing Day Blizzard Part 9

NickD2011

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This band is all time...been sitting under it since 5pm and it hasn't budged. Fluctuations and wavers, yes..but it's been here and 30+DBZ for 6 hours now. Unreal snow rates and blizzard conditions.

same here in Roselle Park earthlight. It looks the same outside as it did hours ago lol. cars are buried big time

It's insane, I thought it was drifting south /southeast but then it stalls, and the band near NYC is moving west again. And 50 miles to our west, barely 3"

This band is all time...been sitting under it since 5pm and it hasn't budged. Fluctuations and wavers, yes..but it's been here and 30+DBZ for 6 hours now. Unreal snow rates and blizzard conditions.

Guest Patrick

Picked up another 3-4 inches int he last 50 minutes... I think I am at about 17 here in Clifton...but I have no way to verify the accuracy...just ripping out there. Ripping. Makes last winter look like a bunch of snow flurries.

I knew I wasnt crazy. I think Staten Island is at about that.

All the reports from Hudson County and Manhattan/Brooklyn seem to be around 14". I think the 19" is too high in Elizabeth since the best banding was to the West of Elizabeth (and other reports to the W indicate 14-16" totals)... though that said, the 8" in SI is obviously too low.

If anyone deserves it, it's you. Awesome job and analyses throughout this event, even as we all (myself included) gave up on it. :thumbsup:

There is some serious banding, even down here in Cape May. The movement of the low is bizarre, it seems like it is never going to move out.

northern New Jersey is getting completely rocked. that band from extreme eastern NY state down into NJ doesn't seem to be letting up at all and the totals continue to pile up.

Archived