Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    19,041
    Total Members
    49,013
    Most Online
    loganboehmewx
    Newest Member
    loganboehmewx
    Joined

October 2026 general discussion


Typhoon Tip
 Share

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, The 4 Seasons said:

They are pretty adorable little things. I was just at the supermarket one landed on my neck, they were all over the ground and the bushes.

They suck. Invasive bastards that will jump on you for no reason at all. They also love the tree of heaven, which is an invasive plant that outcompetes native plants. I got rid of the tree of heaven in my side yard this spring, and after having tons of lanternflies last year I now have none. 

  • Disagree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, OrangeCTWX said:

They suck. Invasive bastards that will jump on you for no reason at all. They also love the tree of heaven, which is an invasive plant that outcompetes native plants. I got rid of the tree of heaven in my side yard this spring, and after having tons of lanternflies last year I now have none. 

they jumped on me too, they're sweet little critters

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What an early morning sky today. The moon instantly caught my eye with the “star” basically adjacent to the moon. I did not initially realize it was Jupiter, thought maybe Mars. You can also sort of see the un-illuminated part of the moon as the brightness of Jupiter is just enough to give an outline (though it’s obviously exaggerated in the photo)

IMG_4211.jpeg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

What an early morning sky today. The moon instantly caught my eye with the “star” basically adjacent to the moon. I did not initially realize it was Jupiter, thought maybe Mars. You can also sort of see the un-illuminated part of the moon as the brightness of Jupiter is just enough to give an outline (though it’s obviously exaggerated in the photo)

IMG_4211.jpeg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...