073>076-084>086-097-098-111>113-270615-

DADE-WALKER-CATOOSA-WHITFIELD-MURRAY-FANNIN-GILMER-UNION-TOWNS-

CHATTOOGA-GORDON-PICKENS-DAWSON-LUMPKIN-WHITE-FORSYTH-HALL-BANKS-

JACKSON-MADISON-GWINNETT-BARROW-CLARKE-OCONEE-OGLETHORPE-WILKES-

WALTON-MORGAN-GREENE-TALIAFERRO-PUTNAM-HANCOCK-WARREN-BALDWIN-

WASHINGTON-GLASCOCK-JEFFERSON-WILKINSON-JOHNSON-EMANUEL-LAURENS-

TREUTLEN-WHEELER-MONTGOMERY-TOOMBS-

104 PM EST SUN DEC 26 2010

...ICY SPOTS ON ROADWAYS STILL POSSIBLE THROUGH THE AFTERNOON...

SCATTERED SNOW SHOWERS AND FLURRIES CAN BE EXPECTED TO CONTINUE

THROUGH THE AFTERNOON. ISOLATED AREAS MAY RECEIVE UP TO ONE-HALF

INCH OF ADDITIONAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS. HOWEVER...MOST AREAS WILL

ONLY SEE A TRACE. WITH TEMPERATURES REMAINING IN THE UPPER 20S AND

LOWER 30S ACROSS MUCH OF AREA...ICY PATCHES CAN BE EXPECTED ON

ROADWAYS...ESPECIALLY BRIDGES AND OVERPASSES.

IF YOU MUST TRAVEL...MOTORISTS ARE URGED TO USE EXTREME CAUTION.

STAY TUNED TO NOAA WEATHER RADIO OR LOCAL TELEVISION AND RADIO

STATIONS FOR THE LATEST FORECASTS AND STATEMENTS.

$$

SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE PEACHTREE CITY GA

GAZ001>009-011>016-022>025-027-034>039-047-049>051-060>062-

073>076-084>086-097-098-111>113-270615-

DADE-WALKER-CATOOSA-WHITFIELD-MURRAY-FANNIN-GILMER-UNION-TOWNS-

CHATTOOGA-GORDON-PICKENS-DAWSON-LUMPKIN-WHITE-FORSYTH-HALL-BANKS-

JACKSON-MADISON-GWINNETT-BARROW-CLARKE-OCONEE-OGLETHORPE-WILKES-

WALTON-MORGAN-GREENE-TALIAFERRO-PUTNAM-HANCOCK-WARREN-BALDWIN-

WASHINGTON-GLASCOCK-JEFFERSON-WILKINSON-JOHNSON-EMANUEL-LAURENS-

TREUTLEN-WHEELER-MONTGOMERY-TOOMBS-

...ICY SPOTS ON ROADWAYS STILL POSSIBLE THROUGH THE AFTERNOON...

SCATTERED SNOW SHOWERS AND FLURRIES CAN BE EXPECTED TO CONTINUE

THROUGH THE AFTERNOON. ISOLATED AREAS MAY RECEIVE UP TO ONE-HALF

INCH OF ADDITIONAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS. HOWEVER...MOST AREAS WILL

ONLY SEE A TRACE. WITH TEMPERATURES REMAINING IN THE UPPER 20S AND

LOWER 30S ACROSS MUCH OF AREA...ICY PATCHES CAN BE EXPECTED ON

ROADWAYS...ESPECIALLY BRIDGES AND OVERPASSES.

IF YOU MUST TRAVEL...MOTORISTS ARE URGED TO USE EXTREME CAUTION.

STAY TUNED TO NOAA WEATHER RADIO OR LOCAL TELEVISION AND RADIO

STATIONS FOR THE LATEST FORECASTS AND STATEMENTS.

$$

Scattered snow showers :lol: It's been non stop snow here since 4:30am. I know I don't represent the majority but it's been Easily winter storm warning criteria here. Them labeling it as showers/flurries here is absurd though.

You can see the band I'm in..it's been nearly stationary all day and it's actually intensified some here. Huge flakes right now.

csg_None_anim.gif

Thank You Tony!! I didnt get a messurment but that is what it looks like and everyone around here is thinking it is about that much but maybe closer to the 7 inch mark. What ever it is it is a blanket of pure white beauty!!! It looks like a True Winter Wonderland. Like a postcard.. I will havta post some pics later. Im super lired since I stayed up all night watching the snow. At around 5:30am the snow was so heavy you could barely see across the yard..:snowman:

Scattered snow showers :lol: It's been non stop snow here since 4:30am. I know I don't represent the majority but it's been Easily winter storm warning criteria here. Them labeling it as showers/flurries here is absurd though.

You can see the band I'm in..it's been nearly stationary all day and it's actually intensified some here. Huge flakes right now.

csg_None_anim.gif

Ha oh trust me I understand how you feel. We got 6 inches here yesterday they did not update to a warning until I called in to report the 4.5 total we had which was clearly past warning criteria. Even these snow bands moving in to NW GA from Bama and Tenn are producing Large fat flakes and coming down pretty good. This isnt that grain snow stuff. My first thought was if you see the stuff thats moving in from the west in Bama and Tenn prompting WFOs there to issue advisories due to all the problems the snow is causing there wouldnt you do the same or atleast keep the one you had in place??

You know what's also great is the falcons don't play today. I couldn't enjoy the snow if they were, as I would be on pins and needles all afternoon watching it :arrowhead:

I can't believe how well you are doing over there in your precip hole, lol. Congrats!!

Yeah, I was thinking if it had exploded like the Euro, the Ain'ts couldn't have gotten here, and the bird fans would have had Marta to get to the game, so it would have been an even better 3rd man :) Enjoy, Chris, lord knows you deserve it!!

I'll never forget watching Tech win the Acc. the days after the Blizzard...me with a 3'' tv hooked to my car battery and the stands near empty in Charlotte when James Forrest had the best 3 games of his life. Tony

Ha oh trust me I understand how you feel. We got 6 inches here yesterday they did not update to a warning until I called in to report the 4.5 total we had which was clearly past warning criteria. Even these snow bands moving in to NW GA from Bama and Tenn are producing Large fat flakes and coming down pretty good. This isnt that grain snow stuff. My first thought was if you see the stuff thats moving in from the west in Bama and Tenn prompting WFOs there to issue advisories due to all the problems the snow is causing there wouldnt you do the same or atleast keep the one you had in place??

Yeah you would think they would. Roads are nearly completely covered here which is impressive to me because it's the middle of the day and the sun is the strongest. And you are right the snow moving in from the west will at least wet the roads and It's going to be a mess tonight when it freezes.

Btw, this is by far the heaviest snow I've had with this storm. If you had told me before today that I would be getting snow this heavy at this time I surely wouldn't believe it.

The sun is still doing a number though on the ground. Despite the heavy snow, things like my satellite dish, which I had to keep cleaning off earlier, is now mostly snow free. I'll be glad when the sun angle drops and but not sure how long I hang on to this band. I would imagine it's going to start to weaken before too long. But This band has been pure money that's for sure.

Moderate snow breaking out again, large flakes. 11.5 inches at last check about an hour ago, near downtown Wilson. Winds also occasionally gusty.

You might make a foot. Congrats.

Thx Mark and Robert, it was a long day and night! I really feel fortunate now because we just took my daughter to a friends house 3 miles from here and they only got 1.5", most of it melted away already!

From this mornings heavy snow

Can't wait to see the snow accum. map on this one.

I got about 7-8 inches here in Sanford. It is still snowing here.. It is soo beautiful!!!! I dont think I have ever saw the trees soo white and pretty!!! Awesome storm!!!!!

Way to go!:thumbsup:

I'm glad I took pics whenI did very early this morning. Its melting really fast now and a lot of brown spots are showing up in the thinner areas.Sun is poking out at times and I'm being downsloped pretty good. Winds also increasing. If the surface temps would have been better I would have had an 8" snow I think, but we fought the 925 layer hard for a long time, then the surface wouldn't cooperate til this morning really. Great storm though.

Yeah you would think they would. Roads are nearly completely covered here which is impressive to me because it's the middle of the day and the sun is the strongest. And you are right the snow moving in from the west will at least wet the roads and It's going to be a mess tonight when it freezes.

Btw, this is by far the heaviest snow I've had with this storm. If you had told me before today that I would be getting snow this heavy at this time I surely wouldn't believe it.

The sun is still doing a number though on the ground. Despite the heavy snow, things like my satellite dish, which I had to keep cleaning off earlier, is now mostly snow free. I'll be glad when the sun angle drops and we hang on to this band. This band has been pure money that's for sure.

I saw that last night on some model runs, having the band evaporate here and re-develop near you. Interesting setup. I'm partly cloudy now, temps are 34 and the snow is melting extremely fast. I may end up with just a lot of brown before dark in the thinner spots. Just saw a scraper go down my street with his blade down. Scraping wet asphalt, there was never a lick of snow on my road this morning when i went out to drive..just wet. Matter of fact, never hit any slushiness anywhere on the way to town. It makes me wonder why scrapers are scraping damp roads? And I live in the county, untravelled roads, and never had accumulations on mine that I saw.

The sun is still doing a number though on the ground. Despite the heavy snow, things like my satellite dish, which I had to keep cleaning off earlier, is now mostly snow free. I'll be glad when the sun angle drops and but not sure how long I hang on to this band. I would imagine it's going to start to weaken before too long. But This band has been pure money that's for sure.

Same thing here. Watching the radar returns Alabama is getting the lions share of these snow showers. The roads here in the sunshine are clear and dry, the wind is helping with that I think.

The snow shower we woke up to this morning laid another inch down before it was all said and done. I took measurements in different areas and I have right at 3". :guitar:

After playing with the kids in the snow, I came to the conclusion that this was a GREAT storm. Many props to Robert and Allan!!! and the rest of you guys, including you Lookout. :snowman:

My kids are absolutely stoked!

post-1314-0-86544000-1293388485.jpg

Larry, with all this back behind me I can't help but think some will rotate in for you later. Glad you are seeing some..hope you can get some sticking so it will be two years running. Hope you had a great Christmas. Tony

Tony,

I did, thanks. I know yours was good due to the snow. How much did you get?

Sticking snow will be tough and I'm not expecting it as of now though I'm hopeful because the 12Z Euro actually has upped our qpf for the period 1PM-7PM from ~0.07" on the prior run to a quite impressive ~0.15". This is also much greater than the ~0.05" of the 12Z gfs. I'm assuming the 12Z Euro is way overdone but am hoping it may be onto something.

Archived